Monday, November 18, 2019

Window views down the terrace..



Over the weekend it was Open House Perth, click link to see the diversity of locations opened to the public to have a peek inside. I saw two! It's been a stinking hot week in Perth and energy levels were low, mine that is :) but I was determined to take photos of St Georges Terrace from the upper levels of Barracks Arch, quite a history there. I would have loved this shot to show the working week hustle and bustle on the terrace, one of the busiest streets in the city, but it was the weekend and it was 38C, climbing those steps was a determined effort :) Below looking the other way to Parliament House. The last shot shows the third floor window from where I took the pics. Hope you had/are having a super weekend, take care and stay safe.. P.s. it would have been so cool if we had been allowed up on the battlements.. or maybe not :)


23 comments:

  1. A rather fine structure with commanding views. Interesting to read the link and find it was once part of a larger structure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots Grace! I would have never made it up all of those steps, especially in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat stairs. I also like the leaning tower of Perth, and the fine old Arch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...great images, but I like the staircase the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your city of Perth, especially those beautiful blue skies:) It has been very cloudy in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you are playing with a new lens . . . Hmmmmm . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great series! The stairwell would make me dizzy I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How good to be able to get up there. If everyone behaved themselves this year, maybe the battlements will be open next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must have been really hot in there for you, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know do those stairs would give them self a work out.
    coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  11. I managed to convince Jose to accompany me to a couple of Open House venues on Saturday, just one in the city and 3 architect designed homes in the northern suburbs. But it was terrible hot and I didn't have energy for more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a view from up there. The arch itself is quite a wonderful building. I'm so impressed that you climbed all those steps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Grace! Have you had a nice weekend?
    The last photo is gorgeous!
    Do you want to exchange a few degrees?
    I give you a few degrees - and you give me a few + degrees... Deal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice arch totally superfluous in current life, but unaffordable as an image-former in the cityscape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I applaud your fortitude. You got some incredible shots, including those intimidating stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh, Grace, warnings, please, the stairs-pic is not really funny! ;-)
    But it is fun indeed to know just where that is and how to get there - bitter-sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was quite the tour of sightings! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Fish-eye lens!
    You were using it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete