Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Cattle Lane Walk..



Look at that .. a quartet of bovine beauties, I loooove them :) Appropriately on the walls of the cow sheds at the Claremont Showground, painted last year by Perth mural artist and illustrator Paul Deej. Can you imagine the sights and smells when the agricultural show is in full swing, the stalls filled with live cattle all adding to aforementioned smells :) We haven't been to the Perth Royal Show for many years now, the fun park side of it doesn't appeal at all.. but for some unknown reason the agricultural side appeals a lot 🐮


The sign said 'closed' but I had come too far not to find a way in and take the shots, there was a gap in the fence to the right hand side just wide enough for me to squeeze through.. so I did, it was worth it don't you think :) Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..


28 comments:

  1. Mooooooo - Eat More Chicken

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Netherlands there are many cows farms, but I have not seen any farm so beautiful painted!
    Very nice photos, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Art always pushes the envelope in a GREAT way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ,,,you raise some BIG cattle down there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some good looking ladies. These murals would be right at home around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great murals with the big cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking cow murals Grace! I like how they are looking right at you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are great and look larger than life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore these cow portraits. I have painted a few cows myself, but these are super duper. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that you snuck in, Grace! These are wonderful!
    The Royal Winter Fair just opened here on the weekend and runs for a couple of weeks. We always went as a school field trip and I can still remember the smells and the apple cider!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful murals. Humans have long had a special relationship with cattle, and these paintings just proves it. Glad you could get through the fence to get these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd have dared it, too and your sneaking in the barn area was well worth it. These are adorable and I love how3 you described the show. You have a great sense of humor as well as take beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grace!!!! LOL!!! I wish I was that brave - well done!
    I´d be too afraid there might be a guard dog or such...
    Great outcome, beautiful murals! And thanks for the laugh over here xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome murals.
    Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great murals indeed. Pity that they end up in beef.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Surely closed hasn’t stopped many a blogger 😊 Really pretty murals of happy cows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such adorable murals Grace, well done for daring to go through a closed sign. I have only been to the Royal Show once a few years ago. Gerome has also painted a mural there this year (Dr S told me)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, they look so funny, looking you right in the face with those huge tongues!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun to see these photos on a building. Enough to make me want to be a vegetarian again.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete