Thursday, November 21, 2019

Octopoda alert!



'Tell me, O Octopus I begs
Is those things arms, or is they legs?
I marvel at thee Octopus,
If I were thou I'd call me Us'.. Ogden Nash 

The octopus limbs appearing out of the upper levels of His Majesty's car park in the city are there to draw attention to the new three hour free parking over the weekend and public holidays, trial period beginning last week and designed to draw more shoppers into the city. Crossing over to the art gallery a fellow octopus alerting visitors to the Perth Cultural Centre that the car park there is also part of the trial as is the car park on Pier Street. The three hour free parking is a brilliant idea which hopefully will continue after the Christmas period 😉 Not sure about the octopus limbs though, they are fun for five minutes.. then not so much :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


27 comments:

  1. An Octo-phobe's worst nightmare come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny.
    Very special to attract attention to visitors to this city in this way. So nice!!

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great Nash poem, and a great way to advertise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tentacles must belong to the giant Pacific octopus, a cephalopod of amazing size. They have three hearts and nine brains. No wonder they are so intelligent. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Escape from the octopus's garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We could be so happy you and me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free parking is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to call attention to the free parking. And, isn't free parking a grand idea! We could use more of that here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative …
    The octopus invasion! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly attention grabbing but not sure about flooding the city with cars to take up free parking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them! I assume they are inflatables?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to be under the sea
    In an octopus's garden in the shade
    He'd let us in, knows where we've been
    In his octopus's garden in the shade
    I'd ask my friends to come and see
    An octopus's garden with me
    I'd like to be under the sea
    In an octopus's garden in the shade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great lille poem, Grace :-)
    And oh, those bright colors! Fun installations, too, as the parking is good, but I hope the CATs will stay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They seem to be lacking a few legs but a good effort nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like your city is overrun by some kraken.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So unexpected and cute-- except for those with trypophobia. Janis GDP

    ReplyDelete
  17. Certainly eye catching Grace. It's a great idea which I also hope will continue, as the city needs more people.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is really cool. Don't get into the city much so nice to see what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely love the octopus legs! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow,it reminds me 20000 leagues under the sea! coo pictures ! ew :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hhaha! Love it! There was an event in the city I am from, sort of art/science/interactive exhibits and there was an octopus taking over a building there too!

    ReplyDelete