Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Unforgettable..



They really are! I did try to walk past them.. they look delicate, fragile, not in the plan for my new robust, easy care Aussie weather garden, but I couldn't do it! The moment I imagined looking at them in the garden outside my window while writing the blog the struggle was over :) It's not often I get so excited about a new plant but just look at the variegated colour, even the leaves, above, are gorgeous. Looking at the care instructions for 'calla lilies' here I think I may have planted at the wrong time seeing as we're into winter now.. but it's all relative, it was 23C today, perhaps they will survive after all, will show you when they have multiplied into many.. positive thinking :) Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. you might know them as California lilies!


25 comments:

  1. They are so pretty that they don't look real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful indeed, Grace - good luck or green thumb, boy, your winter is warmer than our summer! (I know technically it´s summer on 21st, but we´re nearly there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blame the gardener!
    Lovely result well pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful, Grace. We have to dig them out in the fall and replant in spring since they won't survive our winters. I think you will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful colors... I understand your eagerness. I think it's what we call here arums

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Too perfect to be real...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly hope they survive because they are gorgeous and you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure they will thrive. We saw some interesting calla lilies a few days ago, white with tiny little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, these are gorgeous. No wonder you were enticed into taking them home. I wish I had the magic touch to grow something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, tres jolie! I see why you couldn't pass them up. Fingers crossed. Hoping they thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most striking lilies. Do not remember seeing lilies of this color before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know them as Cala liles and I'm way to far north for them...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Grace! I nearly bought some of these about a week ago! They're so gorgeous! I debated and debated and then convinced myself I didn't have just the right place for them. But they're still calling...stay tuned. I may have a similar post myself one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been successful at growing lilies, but they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I'd ever seen yellow calla-lilies but they are gorgeous Grace.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my what a lovely sight so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There callas have beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A delight for the eyes and the soul, Grace !

    ReplyDelete