Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Strike a pose..



Spotted the kangaroo posing as a meerkat on a really early walk in Yanchep National Park on Monday morning.. and there he was below five minutes later in the same spot, couldn't see what was holding his attention, perhaps it was Peter Rabbit.. something about the scene made me think of an Australian version of a Beatrix Potter scenario :)


The two young males below are having a pre breakfast boxing match...


... while the make love not war, or breakfast before exercise mob were happily munching the fresh new grass as a result of the rain we had last week..


Such a pretty park, so popular as a picnic spot and for the walk trails..


Mr and Mrs White Tailed Black Cockatoo basking in the early morning sun..


High up in the eucalyptus tree one of the koalas that live in the national park.. it was too early for them, each and every one a'snoozing..


A flash of colour in the grass over the water.. a purple swamphen! Below, not quite so vibrant a white-faced heron..


... and then there was this! I have no explanation 😊 Hope you enjoyed this early morning walk with me. I have been struggling a bit with the heat over the last few weeks, it has been unusually humid for Perth.. think I will take a few days off to finish some long overdue bits and pieces, see you on Saturday for Weekend Reflections. Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


28 comments:

  1. What A Safari Of Animals - How Wonderful - Dynamite Shots There Perth

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a Kangaroo is quite a sight to see, thanks Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I’d love a walk there, Grace! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice variety of animals around during your walk.
    Keep cool, I hate it when it's humid but that doesn't happen to often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of seeing kangaroos out & about in a park is so foreign to me! Totally wonderful, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post I so enjoy seeing around your ara especially with all the animals. Hope you are well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple swamphen is pretty. That seems like a lot of kangaroos in one place? Are they just everywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes indeed what a lovely park it is, and the kangaroo pose is just adorable. This was a high adventure for me, viewing my white snowscaped yard as I read this! Such a great group of animals too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real wildlife kind of morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have way better things to see on a walk in Australia than we have here in Arizona. I love all these photos. The snoozing koala is so cute and the posing kangaroo is a hoot. The boxing before breakfast is also a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The posing kangaroos are so cute. Great photos Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful cast of characters there would have been if Beatrix Potter had lived in Australia rather than the English Lake District!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, thank you, Grace. My FIL´s name is Peter. I get a whole new perspective! Heeelp!
    (He ALWAYS asks where the other bed is. Every.time!!! We still have my Brother´s junior bed and that is big enough! Wasn´t there some Alice and a rabbit?! ;-)...)

    Btw! I tried (and hopefully mid-march will succeed) to get (don´t tell Ingo!!) One Fifty Lashes from Frankfurt.
    You know, that beer, no real beating up here!

    You had rain :-)
    That park is beautiful, thank you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Grace!
    Did you missed me?! LOL
    I was sick these days ... I got a new medicine and my body has to get used to it.
    Very nice photos!
    Thank you for sharing! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantásticas e belas fotografias, gostei de ver.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find your animals amazing..12 photo sort of looks like what we call Guinea Fowl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this walk in the parc with you, all those animals in the wild.
    I heard of SC about your troubles with comments on my blog. I had to make a barrier because of all the spams I received. It work very well with everyone, I receive the comments on my email and can decide to skip it or publice it. Strange that it doesn't work with you, most followers I receive this way now

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing pictures Grace! How awesome to see these animals in their natural habitat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's nice to see some life in their natural habitats after the fires everywhere, the swamphen kind of reminds me of a nz native takahe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful place and fun of wildlife. I hope it cools down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can’t even imagine coming across a kangaroo or a koalas bear on a walk. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did well spotting the koala, I think they are very hard to see.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like the fourth photo, against the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! So striking and emblematic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful images. I especially like the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks cool to have a glimpse of all these animals and birds in your post. You have captured the posing Kangaroo at the right moment. It is splendid to watch the White Tail Black Cockatoo. Your photos give us a chance to witness a snoozing kola. Really love your post.

    ReplyDelete