Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Sculpture by the Sea ll.. World Peace Bird.



With viruses and would be dictators running rampant around the world a little bit of much needed peace flew in here to Sculpture by the Sea 2020 on Cottesloe Beach in the form of the stunning sculpture 'World Peace Bird' created in bronze and marine grade stainless steel by Japanese artist Zero Higashida. The sculpture 'aims to bring love and wealth to its audience. The artist prays for the purification of the hearts of people'. Wealth comes in many forms, just to be here on the beach early on a glorious autumn day, walking with my beautiful daughter amonst sculptures created by artists from around the world.. I felt like a millionaire :) More to come, happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..



25 comments:

  1. Looks like great weather and a very nice event. Love the bird statue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great sculpture Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Is Something Special - Excellent Eye There Perth

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets hope that particular bird gets off the ground, goodness knows the world needs it. How right you are about wealth: I'm reminded of the quote from John Muir about himself and the millionaire, Mr Harriman. "I am a wealthier man than Mr Harriman, for I have as much money as I want, but Mr Harriman has not".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sculpture and message. A wonderful day by the sea can make me feel like a millionaire too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks to be soaring over the beach, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's gorgeous, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leave it to Perth...such a creative place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see this. I wish we had more art around my town. I always enjoy seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely bit of art!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhh. That is beautiful, Grace, that is really beautiful!
    And it´s life, LOL. Those bins!
    Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that an albatross? It reminds me of the albatross memorial statue at Cape Horn.

    best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sculpture! He fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is stunning, I am more than a little impressed, thanks for sharing. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO GLAD I did not miss this, G!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is as gorgeous as every year! What a bummer that I couldn't see it last year (my pancreas bellyache). But maybe next year again. (I didn't book now, we`ll see what happens)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually the peace bird looks rather scary to me ...looks too much like a dinosaur bird, I would be looking over my shoulder in case I got stamped on by some giant creature.

    ReplyDelete