Sunday, March 31, 2019

Bit of a Sunday lark :)



First it was the cats, it still is.. and now the birds! I must give off 'come and she will feed you' vibes :) The mud-lark here, one of a pair, has totally adopted me. Mrs Mudlark sings outside my bedroom window every morning to wake me, sometimes pecking at the window to make sure I'm listening and often sits on the edge of the chair when I'm reading on the patio. I've seen her fearlessly defend her nest from the kookaburras, crows and magpies that also frequent my garden.. it's all going on out there!


In these shots she was an arm stretch away, not at all bothered by the camera. I like the way she looks at me in the first shot, then away, and back again as if to say 'wot, you still there'! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday, whatever you get up to 😉 Take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. ...a mudlark is a new one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet Grace. They probably enjoy your food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing some of the many birds we don't have here in California. We do have a much smaller and equally fearless black and white bird, the chickadee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything which is willing to mix it with your Australian magpies has my total admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little creature. Your are lucky to have such a cutie around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will want to be coming into the kitchen for a snack soon! That is a great resident to have in your garden, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your own personal bird friend, how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what the birds see when they look at us that way, Grace?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a mudlark but it's funny how birds look at us sideways, like checking us out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a pretty neighbor and I can see why she likes your garden. It's a lovely spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mudlarks are interesting birds. They often attack their own reflection in glass. Just as well you are mostly an early riser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. “ What alarm” Grace. Looks like he was the perfect subject for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like a kid posing when you are trying to get a candid shot. The bird bath is in a pretty garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh, how very cute is this, Grace!!! You made me smile big again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little bird. I love it when wild animals get attached to us humans. There is something special about that sort of attachment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of a Mud Lark before, had to look it up and I see it is a Magpie-lark (Grallina cyanoleuca) though often called a Mud-lark. Wish we had one in our garden I would be happy to see it here. Great photos, well done Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good photos of this colorful bird. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 'First it was the cats, it still is.. and now the birds!'
    Smile :)
    A good start of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Been trying to find one of those birdbaths for ages.
    Lovely

    ReplyDelete