Saturday, March 9, 2019

Sculpture by the Sea 2019.. V et fini..



A little easier this time to get Aimee interacting with art.. above with the early morning light reflections bouncing off the multi-faceted stainless steel of  'Counterpoints' by WA artist Penelope Forlano. The artist's statement 'Counterpoints echoes ancient water droplet and flaked stone spearhead forms. It evokes the eye and the framed view, connecting here with there. The fleeting reflections and material longevity reinforce the temporal and formal counterpoints'.  I was taking a quick shot when I heard a voice behind 'what a lovely shot' click, click .. you can see by the shadows there was a group behind all taking pics, hilarious.. Aimee didn't think so 😉 


Below, created in corten steel 'Celest' by NSW sculptor David Ball. 
I really like this one although on reading the artist's statement 'Celeste is a stargate. It's elevated form lures the viewer to gaze at the sky in a different way, through the tension and contrast of the frail architecture that surrounds them' I wish I had taken the shot from another angle, perhaps looking through the centre to the sky.. one for the return evening visit.. 
 

'Draw Houses Make Houses'  below created in mild steel by Chinese artist Hu Quanchun is an intricate and clever piece of construction. The artist's statement 'Originally an intervention of a proposed demolition site in Hunan, this work aims to preserve the memory of the current shanty town through the eyes of the local primary school students. The students drew these houses and the local college students helped to produce the sculpture'. Pretty amazing right!


There were so many I missed but we will go back next weekend before the exhibtion ends to take some evening shots.. hope you have enjoyed the few I've shown here. happy weekend, take care and stay safe..
 

 


20 comments:

  1. So many beautiful pieces. It would be hard to take all of them in at one time. Night would be different too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this display seems to get better each year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, I have been enjoying your photos documenting the sculptures at the beach. Amiee looks great interacting with the sculpture adding just the right shade of red. Tell her "Hi" from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful display of sculptures. Well done, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection, nice to see Aimee again. Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved seeing these, Grace! It is a nice escape from winter to see art on your beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all so wonderful Grace. Love the shot of Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The houses are great and you chose a good angle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could fill a post with a single sculpture taken from many angles. It's such a sculptural feast.
    I have to chuckle at Aimee's fame. There's something about a pointed camera that draws other cameras. Are we lemmings after all?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aimee is like really brave, Grace, I´d run!
    The Houses still remind me of Braunschweig, I cannot help it. Maybe it´s the Happy Rizzi House.
    It ends already???
    Ingo just said he can´t believe we were just there (in Perth, that is).
    I think I can come up with a good shot (way) later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a really impressive show of great sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed these posts very much. That first one is a real winner with your daughter caught in the art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so wonderful. Tell Aimee there is no escaping the paparazzi. The giant whisk made me smile. I have four in different sizes bur none that large! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great and quirky sculptures Grace. Great photo with Aimee :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, amazing! Aimee, you're a star!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aimee looks so cool inside that lovely art! The beach is just a gorgeous backdrop too. Great pieces of work everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The art work styles are so creative and fascinating...The cheery face of Aimee in the first scene is a winner...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have just taken a walk thru all of you sculpture posts. They are wonderful. I wish I could steal one of two for my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Art continues to just blow me away! (BTW, I should be home by Kamehameha day!]

    ReplyDelete