Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sculpture by the Sea 2019.. II


Here we go! I usually show the sculptures in the order that we see them as we step onto the beach, this time starting from the last piece at the end of the groyne. Above, 'Entwined' a sculpture in stainless steel and bronze created by Victorian sculptor Ben Fasham. The artist's statement 'Inspired by the family group, I see the two curved elements encompassing and nurturing the central ball reflecting the relationship between the parents and the child. Showing the family entwined together'. I love both the sculpture and what it represents 💙


Above.. 'Cairn' created in steel, coloured and mirrored perspex by Italian/WA sculptor Alessandra Rossi. The artist's statement 'The abstraction and simplification of form contains the light and colours of the landscape in which it is placed, exposing the hidden and the imaginary in a balancing act between fragility and impermanence'. Must get back in the evening to take this as the sun is going down..


I can never resist a lighthouse! 'The Vague but Slightly Illuminated Eye of Perception'.. brilliant title, created in hebel, steel, bronze,solar light by NSW artist Stephen Harrison. The artist's statement 'Broken and dying the lamentable lighthouse, silent sentinels of the world. For my Uncle Ian'. If like moi you didn't know.. this is hebel.. 
Below the curves of 'Time and Motion' created in copper, corten steel by WA sculptor Ron Gomboc. The artist's statement 'Like every journey, time and motion each have beginnings. Our existence revolves around the anxiety and uncertainty of expectations and the unknown'. So many more to edit come.. happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..



22 comments:

  1. ...I always look forward to seeing your Sculpture by the Sea. What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect and appreciate the art you show us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always with great pleasure that I find your reports on the artistic event Sculpture by the sea. There is nothing more beautiful than an open-air museum. Once again, beautiful pieces are presented there. I particularly like the first and last pictures. For my part in Paris, I saw this afternoon an exhibition of Japanese oustiders artists near Montmartre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like that first one, Grace! I didn't know that was heel but have seen it on a few projects here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauty in all those sculptures. So nice to see, Grace.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all lovely Grace. I would have to say the lighthouse is my favorite though because it reminds me of my Dad. He always loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All quite different, but my favourite is the first one. Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Entwined. They are all nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Entwined does it for me. I like the title for the lighthouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So far "Entwined" is my favorite and I love how you shot it. It's me, I know, but I sometimes find artist's statements a little, uhm, pretentious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every piece has its own beauty. Together they are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly Awesome. Fist one my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sculptures! I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Grace! Especially the first one is now so much more beautiful! I love the statement. On the other hand... I liked it before, too (still big thanks to P for I can read it whenever I want and in peace ;-)...)
    And, gosh! I should know about hebel, I studied that stuff and I did not know! That uni was a fail (which does not matter as I went into IT anyways, but still!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice choice of statues. Kudos for the people that decide what to see and made it possible. Also the location is great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love to see this Grace, my favourite is the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gostei bastante da primeira escultura e aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful set of sculptures but, I have to admit the first one took my breath away. It is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 'Entwined' gets top marks from me :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh me too, the more lighthouses the better!

    ReplyDelete