Sunday, March 24, 2019

Unidentified floating object!



On Friday it was overboard today it is overflow :) Driving alongside the Swan River on Mounts Bay road yesterday we noticed a crowd of people on the shore taking photos of something in the river. Yay dolphins I thought.. not even close! If you're wondering what the colourful object floating offshore from Elizabeth Quay to the right of the shot above is.. it was the overflow from a boat full of young people having fun in the sun. Looking around I noticed a lot of long lenses, I could have done the same but it felt a bit voyeuristic so took the few shots here and left them to their partying. Did you notice, no more cranes in Elizabeth Quay itself, hopefully that's an end to the skyscrapers! Happy Sunday, take care and stay safe..


20 comments:

  1. What a party they were having! I noticed the cranes were gone, the area looks better already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Honolulu has so many cranes right now! Like going home to a new place (almost) after 4 years! A new cosmopolitan vibe. More like Perth, one hopes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice scene. These people seem to have fun. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we will ever see the end of the cranes here! I bet you wouldn't be out on the overflow with those kids! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Partying on a boat is great fun, as I remember, and this party looks huge. I remember the small party boats on the canals of Amsterdam, usually with about eight young men of all sorts of nationalities drinking beer and more beer. I tried not to stare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like way to keep cool. Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like they are having quite a blast there on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite a party going on. I'd say it was spring break but it's not spring in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You´re too kind, I always stop myself from getting too near, too. But hey, they had fun and yay, no more cranes - it´s enough for the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a lot of fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun. Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does look perfect in the first photo without cranes, which are beginning to sprout everywhere around here too! Progress.

    ReplyDelete