Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wild encounters..



What a lovely welcome, the sweet pair of welcome swallows atop the sign above as we walked onto the jetty to catch the ferry out to Penguin Island, excellent link so worth a look to see all the fabulous encounters available on the island. It has been ages since we last visited and each time the views are more stunning than remembered, the shallow and deep depths of the ocean creating a myriad of blues. It is primarily a bird sanctuary so staying on the timber boardwalks and the beach when making your way around the island is the only way to go.. 


 The pelican rookery below, that was as close as I could get with my long lens, you can see in the next shot how far away we are, the seagull perched on the sanctuary sign making it quite clear not to take a step further.. but if you click the Penguin Island link, can you tell I really want you too :) you will see the rookery from above and so much more..


Where there are birds there will be poop! Leaving the island below. We were only there for an hour this time but next time will take the time to experience some of the adventures available.. did you click the link 😉 Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures- and thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Wild encounters of the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, Grace. Penguin Island looks like a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place to visit Grace, you made some very pretty pictures, can imagine you can't come to close to the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proud of you for going on the ferry, Grace! ;-) It looks like a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and I have never heard of a Welcome Swallow, interesting reading. The link to Penguin Island did not load very well as large pictures and our slow WiFi do not agree, but what I did see I would love to visit. I have always wanted to swim with dolphins but just seeing them would be almost as good.
    Keep well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful Grace.

    In some ways reminds me of Merritt Island in Fl, except the ocean and inlet water in Florida is not that clear and beautiful. Gotta be careful though, alligators everywhere, and mosquitoes, gazillions of mosquitoes!

    Thanks for the link. The island is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place with all the wildlife. Yes, I did link to Penguin Island. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great link, Grace :-)
    Sami took us there in 2013 as a pre-wedding pressie. I´ll never forget the young penguin who was so playful, as the "old lady", both were so cute. Oh, my, time runs! More than 5 years have gone by already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know of this place so thank you for the visit and yes I did follow the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure is a beautiful place. The water colour is magical. Yes I did click the link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love trips to coastal islands though I haven't been on one lately. This looks the perfect place and I'm very envious - and will probably be even more so in a minute when I've followed that link!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great day on the coast for you. And the water looks so clean!

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blues are incredible, as usual. Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Island yoga? Penguins? Swim with dolphins? I'm in! And that water is so beautiful I'd have a hard time wanting to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The last shot is my favorite!!!
    I love it!!!
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete