Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Super moon in Perth..



'It is a beautiful and delightful sight
to behold the body of the moon'
 
 It doesn't matter if the moon is hundreds of thousands of km away, or literally within hand's reach, it's not easy getting a good shot :) We were lucky enough to make it to the last evening of the City of Joondalup Festival's   'Explore the Galaxy' weekend. It was super fun with installations ranging from intergalactic trees, super sized astronaut, moon, earth and the milky way plus so much more. Not the easiest situation to take photos with people and bright lights getting in the way but hopefully you get the 'feel' of the event. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. I was going to post the first shot without explanation, you would have so been taken in right 😉


24 comments:

  1. Of course if the moon were as large in the sky as this one presents itself, the world would be in, well, a proverbial world of trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an awesome event! I would definitely be at this if it was near me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like that was a fantastic event. I love the atmosphere created in the first image. Nice shots, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures from a fun event. Looks like you had fun. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the images. Looks like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun I would have loved to have joined you. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something I would have enjoyed a lot. I love that huge moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How unusual and it looks like so much fun, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that first picture with the moon hovering so close and no one taking the slightest notice! You've certainly captured the feel of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it does look like fun and you really got some nice photos Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that looks like a very cool event to be at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first photo is deceptive for sure. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like fun. And I would have been so impressed by your super moon...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's seems to be a funny event. And your serie of pictures is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Grace!
    You sure had me with my mouth wide open here! :-)
    Oh! How my Dad - and Ingo (and myself, too) would´ve loved to see this for real, thank you so much for sharing!
    How Dad used to get us kids out of bed on cold winter´s nights to watch the stars, the moon and look! There´s (whatever) - did I hate it back then ;-) He had a huge Celestron to show us (and I mean huge).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this photo shoot. And night, moon shots are so difficult. You captured it beautifully.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fun event for sure! I saw the big moon on tv, looked amazing Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. Incredible moon, and night captures in the city. Your new autumn header photo is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete