Saturday, April 6, 2019

Autumn fair in Hyde Park..



'How beautifully leaves grow old,
how full of light and colour 
are their last days'.. 💛

The light in autumn is pretty special, softer than the harsh glare of summer, the sky still blue but a paler shade of blue and most of all it means that winter and rain is on the way.. hallelujah :) Hyde Park is the perfect spot to hold a fair, under the shade of the Plane trees and the Moreton Bay Figs. I know the Plane trees around the lake were planted around 1899 and searched to see if I could find some old photos of the park, there will be some I'm sure but all I could find was this image c1925 when those trees were still relatively young. I wonder if they had fairs in Hyde Park in the 1920's, I would love to see some pics of that..
  

 The shot below made me happy.. how excellent to see young people searching through the second hand books.. has it become cool to read proper books again, lets hope :) Happy weekend, take care and stay safe.. P.s. back to arty stuff soon:)


23 comments:

  1. ...they had it made in the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how elegant the clothing would have been at a 1920s fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of reminds me of Florida, but I never found anyplace that beautiful in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these glimpses of autumn. It looks beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schönes Licht in den Bildern.

    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  6. An enjoyable way to while away the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your header and your whole Fall beauty thang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree great that the youngsters are still looking at books.
    I am feeling quite down, sore throat all week and now coughing again!
    Enjoy your weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful. What a grand place to have a fair on a splendid day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh don't get me started on 2nd hand books, very dangerous for me to find those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great location for a fair, and looks like perfect weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing Fall threw me for a loop for a second! I have been bundled up in the polar vortex but now Spring has sprung! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Autumn colours round the park...I would be thrilled to see teenagers connected to books too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is a beautiful place and what fun to visit a fair/market there. Good on the reading kids.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the autumn sunlight, it has a special goldenness I think.

    Books are back, I was speaking to a bookseller recently and he said business is picking up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Grace, autumn always makes me sad, glad it makes you cheery.
    Yes, real books should have a come back (though for travels - and if it is to my doc - I prefer my kindle).
    Have a happy weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is nice to see the trees changing their colour. Always funny our seasons are so different!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spring and fall, my two favorite seasons. The only difference is while you have fall, we have spring. Love those kids shopping the books.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your new header... it's fabulous.

    Nice post and pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete