Thursday, May 24, 2018

Inappropriate photo-bombing :)



The last time I came to Lake Gwelup Reserve was with Aimee a few years ago after we had had a bit of autumn rain and it looked like this, completely different, have a look. I was quite pleased with my overly imaginative images.. you liked them too :) Yesterday the water in the lake was still pretty low but it looks like after today and tomorrow's storms it will be at least 70cm deeper, yes at last la pluie has arrived ☂ We received a lovely welcome to the reserve from the sweet wee willie wagtail below..
 

When I downloaded the shots I took yesterday the rather awkward timing of the photo-bombing Coot passing by the upturned black swan, second shot made me smile.. excusez-moi :) I saw something else yesterday that I've never seen before on any of the lakes, quite fascinating to watch, show you tomorrow.. Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. That looks quite funny Grace, a head coming out of the swan's bum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference from about 3 years ago! This would be an interesting place, though, even if I'd have to be careful about my shoes. Those coots are always getting in the way. Shoot the coot! Nah, that wouldn't be nice.

    I shall return tomorrow to see what other fun you've gotten yourself into! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun knowing you over time.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a change a lot of rain can make! It is so different, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That old coot! Couldn’t resist it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference a few years make. Very different look from today's photo. The coot is just trying to get photographed and it succeeded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I hadn't read the photo bomb explanation I would wonder what the heck I was seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything for attention. Even in the animal world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting! Love that title and it was very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and here I thought that we had every disease known to man, this one is new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is quite a difference. You will be lucky to get some rain. We haven't had any in ages and we've already had a couple of bad brush fires. We could use a really big downpour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s often quite surprising what the camera lens captures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure is a difference to last time, Grace! Ohhh, how did you do that cute brolly?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made me laugh about that coot, what an idiot to climb the swan!

    ReplyDelete