Friday, January 2, 2015

Oranges and lemons say the bells of St. Clement's..



You owe me five farthings
Say the bells of St. Martin's..

The last time I posted a shot of the bells that for the last 600 years had rung out from St. Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square many of you wanted to know a little more about how they came to be here in Perth, the world's most isolated city. You can hear them in action here and if you have a spare six minutes check out this link, not only the how and why but also some super views of Perth. We stopped in on the way home from the airport on Wednesday, it was fun to watch a group of tourists being shown 'the ropes' by a volunteer member of the St. Martin's Society of Change Ringers, the young lady below found it an uplifting experience :) I'm not quite sure if I'm Arthur or Martha at the moment, as for what day it is pfffft! Bear with me, catching up slowly. Take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. Those bells are quite interesting.
    Happy New Year Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a bunch of bells in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great action shot, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of the change ringing art of bell ringing, but it makes for great upside down bell photos as your post proves. Fun to see the girl being lifted off her feet too!

    I posted bells too, for ringing in the new year. Have a good 2015 down there in Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific shot as always, Grace!! I love it and it's a perfect way to start the new year!! And I do wish you and your family a very joyous and Happy New Year!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's that ringing in my ears? :-) Happy New Year, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really fine shots! Happy New Year from Tuscany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect start to the new year, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you, dear Gracie! Sending all my best wishes from France , très bonne année et grosses bises !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great holiday, Grace! Wishing you a very happy new year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been a rough couple of weeks for knowing which day it is. Funny to see people lifted off the ground when bell ringing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Ciel. Bet they sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How interesting! I think the sound of bells is just magical! I always pay attention when ever I get the chance to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ring in the new year!



    ALOHA and Happy New Year from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. It certainly would be much fun ringing those bells Grace. [Thanks for letting me know about the linky]

    ReplyDelete
  16. No worries.... Take your time, just lay back & dream for a while - in other words CHILL OUT, have fun. I think it's Friday. Nice shot BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That video was very interesting! It would be fun to get a bell ringing lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see you are ringing in the new year with your lovely bells photo.

    ReplyDelete