Sunday, January 4, 2015

Black cats & witches v superstitions & goals for 2015.



Fourth (or third for some) day into the new year, let's get this done and fini! I know I have phobias enough to qualify me for a Woody Allen movie but superstitious I'm not. The fact that in days past it was thought that witches transformed themselves into black cats so they could prowl the streets unobserved didn't stop me from buying twelve months of cuteness, check out Miss January a little different from the hunky fireman calendar I could have hung :)  


As you can see below black cats feature both inside and outside around my place! The cat on the fence is part of the fabulous mural my talented niece Jessica painted in 2013, still looks amazing, and the inside was a moi and Aimee collaboration.. btw Aimee has a new blog Daily Details, check it out, it's super cool! As for goals in 2015, personally I'm going to try and crack two of my phobias, the fear of flying (there are a lot of trips to Sydney ahead) and also the fear of rejection, photography wise. Next year I'll tackle claustrophobia and bike helmets, eeeew! So 'fess up, what are your aims for the new year? Bon dimanche.. p.s. I'm having doubts about the black cat thing, sooo many problems getting this post ready :)

...


29 comments:

  1. We had black cats periodically in the house. They're such good cats to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! I do love black cats!! Your photos are such fun!! Hope your weekend is going well, Grace!! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat little cat.
    I had a black cat one time. It was quite a nice pet even though I do not like cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to love black cats...and black dogs. And the creativity that abounds in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite amazing how, even in the 21st century, people hang on to old superstitions! Black cat superstitions are the least bothersome. Some superstitions can kill you. Or someone else.

    It's nice and warm here today, too, Grace. 84 degrees F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently black cats are the last to be adopted from shelters. I'm sure your post will help their reputation, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cats calendar is the best way to be in good mood every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What exciting news! Good on you and A!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your murals, you have given me some ideas. Many years ago I had a darling tiny black and white cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meilleurs voeux pour l'Année Nouvelle et félicitations pour le calendrier, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cats... black or otherwise...and I have owned a beautiful black cat called Sheridan...Sherry for short. Love the cat silhouettes low on the wall corners - unobtrusive yet noticeable. And the fine silhouette of the tree, cage and cat near the door are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your niece did a great job. my husband just looked at your photos and said, "Very cool. You could do that!" Uh huh.

    Happy New Year. I made resolutions too, for the first time in years. I did it to challenge myself to accomplish them. I figure, if I put it out there for all the world to see, or, in my case, all 135 followers, I have to at least try to succeed in some or most or even a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in the same house as a black cat. It is supposed to belong to the neighbours but apparently it is much nicer where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forget superstitions, black cats are just cats. BTW, flying is the safest way to travel, so just relax and enjoy it. Bumps in the air don't mean a thing, just keep your seat belt buckled. The black kittens are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had six cats until now and the sweetest was my black Roetje, she was complete black and reached the age of 18 years. She slept with her paws around my neck and her head against my throat, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie in the calendar. Love your indoor cat murals Grace, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cat decor is just gorgeous. I love it. I'll check out Amy's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best wishes for a wish fulfilling 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fears over photography rejection, you?
    Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Allergic to cats. Wish it weren't so. Actually I have not made a resolution this year. It's not that I couldn't stand some improvement. Let me think about this and I will get back to you. Maybe I should take a look at procrastination?

    ReplyDelete
  21. My cat two-cats-ago was black and named Murphy. He was a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WooHoo good for you, quite creative. Such an adorable little kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Black cats are so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Black cats! This is an interesting discovery. My own resolution is to make no resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Black cats are the cutest, Grace - I have one, too, even though it´s just a pen on my home-pc :-)

    ReplyDelete