Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The fishing is excellent around Amok Island..



Perth was super lucky when Amok Island, leaving his hometown of Amsterdam to travel the world, arrived here in WA six years ago.. a lover of all things marine what better place to settle for a while and take in all that our incredible coastline has to offer, of course we benefit from this decision also :)  Amok Island's large scale sea creatures can be seen not only around the city but in outback towns also. Above in a Mt Lawley lane-way 'Cephalopholis Urodeta'.. below, fittingly commissioned by Kailis Bros. Leederville (fish market/cafe) on one wall Frog Fish 'Histrio Histrio' and on another 'Barracuda'. If you live in the Netherlands, Portugal, Greece or Japan just to name a few, you might have already seen an Amok Island, I think you would remember it!  Hope your week has started well, happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe.. p.s. Bills Diving has a new post!



33 comments:

  1. I would love murals like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful fish murals. They look terrific on those otherwise dull walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'Adore, mon ami! GraphicMastery!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great muras though there are a couple of fish I would not want to hook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rather like the cool precision of the style, but must look rather odd to encounter in the outback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen that around here , but I like those big fish !

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful,Grace! I hope he comes here one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!
    Send him to Stavanger:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice murals, I like them

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like his style, his sense of colour and the size of his work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Murals. I like all.
    We are fishing folks. We are know for our artists. Yet never seen Mural in Haliburton.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous fish and of course the pictures as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are the fish really that big? Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous murals! The red one is my favorite. I'd think they'd make for great photo opportunities for folks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are fun! Perfect for a seaside town. I bet they'd be well received here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing and wonderful muralist. Bright, clean, and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are neat giant fish. Now there needs to be a mural of Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really fun and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Big, bold and bright. Wonderful street art Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know that I have never seen one. Wow! Big and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Caught sight of these from the train - thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had never heard of this artist. He has a strange name for a Dutchie, must be an "artist name" I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow!!! HUMONGOUS FISH!! awesome murals!!! BIG, bright, colorful!! (and...whew! no graffiti on them! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've shown us great 'fish stories' today.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE these huge, colorful fish! Excellent art!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love fish. So I have to love these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That remind me one of my window. I had cut fish in Plexiglas, not easy ! Printed them. The seetrought had a nice effect, I will put on the blog later, in summer after the egyptian reportage.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These murals are wonderful. Lucky you for having Amok Island in your midst. This is great. Paul Walsh has a winning sense of humor and a worthy mission. Thanks for contributing to this week\'s Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These require a big fish hook ! :)
    Like these murals.

    ReplyDelete