Sunday, March 8, 2015

High tea at Tarts..




It's been a while since I've sat down with my sisters for a good old chin-wag, we're all so busy these days but sometimes you just have to make a plan and stick to it! Yesterday we caught up at Tarts Cafe in Northbridge for high tea. Such a good choice! From the moment you enter Tarts you get the feeling that owners John and Sandra Vallini run a happy ship, the 'crew' were super attentive and the food.. well you can see it went from above to below with a lot mmmming in-between the talk. Looking around the table it was interesting to see that we had all saved the mini burger for last :)


That was the savouries.. see below exactly what all those delicious delicacies were..


... and then there were the sweets, five delightful mouthfuls, if you have a big mouth like moi :) my favourite was the sweet almond meal and lavender light flaky filo parcels second on the left below, oh ok that was two mouthfuls! One of my nieces is vegetarian and Aimee is allergic to nuts, no problem with individual plates!


My inside shots of the beautifully laid table in the cellar, lovely and cool on a hot humid day, weren't so successful, had the wrong lens with me.. so might have to persuade my SIL's to accompany me on a return visit! Couldn't resist a quick snap of this adorable ornate bench in the gardens for Malyss in Nice and VP in Livorno.. Hope that you're having a fab weekend, take care and stay safe..




29 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks to you and Aimee and your terrific captures, I'm almost drooling on my keyboard!! Guess I'd better go fix some breakfast, but it won't be as good as these!!! Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend, Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a whole meal in and of itself. There are places here that serve high tea, but I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful captures! Colors are so vivid! Loved them! Greetings Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so very elegant, Grace! I always think of high tea as the British style with cucumber sandwiches , etc. Yours looks better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Tarts for High Tea"? Are you just daring me to make the obvious joke on this day of all days?! (March 8, International Women's Day) Well I'm not taking the bait. Plus my wife is looking over my shoulder. (By the way, nice shots!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lol I've just come from Aimée's blog so I'm getting a second helping! Everything looks soooooo scrumptious and that bench would be perfect for a little digestive moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff Grace, I looove the picture with the teapot and milk bottle, I thought I was the last person on earth still getting milk delivered in bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm looks like you had a delicious time. The colours in your last picture are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Love the phrase 'chin-wag'. : ) Adorable shot of the teapot and milk bottle. Sounds/looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not doubt you 'licked the platter clean'?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, love "chin wag"—excellent description. The whole event looks very pleasurable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots. Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yom,yom, yom, that looks all very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummmmm! The lunch seems sooo good , and the bench is so joyful and unusual ! Thank YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got up this morning and now my mouth is watering for some great food beautifully presented. this food looks fabulous! Sounds like you had a wonderful get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heck, I'm pretty sweet, but not really a sweets guy. But I'd be wicked tempted here. I struggle with temptations, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, was the mini-burger that good...or that bad, that it was the last thing to be eaten?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The top shot made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to close my eyes, Grace. I can't eat this close to bedtime. (Looks like quite a place.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You do find the most delicious places, Gracie. I've also met someone you may be interested in 'checking out' so I'll email privately.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How many delicious things here, Grace !
    I like also the nice little yellow bench.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like everything of this post, even more the lovely yellow bench!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So THAT is the famous mini-burger! Sure looks very yummy and at certain times just the size for someone not being used to the heat or eating such ready-to-go-salad 4 times in a row ;-)

    ReplyDelete