Friday, August 30, 2019

Breakfast in Kings Park.. again!



 If you have been following along for a while now I'm sure you would recognize that view :) Early yesterday morning that view was shrouded in mist. It was a strange light, enough to create long shadows, the kind of light that fights with the clouds creating pockets of bright light and shade. We were lucky enough while sitting in the Botanical Café to experience the former..


Can't get enough of the view below of the tall lemon scented gum trees planted in 1937 along Fraser Avenue.. do you remember seeing them lit up here during the Perth Festival earlier this year in February, they made a stunning canvas..


Glimpses through the trees of Elizabeth Quay..


Planting complete around the Eternal Flame ready to fill out during spring and summer, P thinks they are chrysanthemums but I'm not so sure about that :)


I couldn't resist this quick click below, it made me smile :) The galah sitting atop the statue of  Sir John Forrest glared at me whilst adding his contribution to the bird poop and gloop on the esteemed head and shoulders of the man who when elected the first President of the Kings Park Board in the late 1800's doubled the size of the reserve, sought funding for the park and heavily influenced the first years of design and planning.. that's gratitude for you :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. there may be more Kings Park tomorrow .. 


23 comments:

  1. Sir John does not appreciate his current indignity.

    That second shot has quite a dramatic sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view.
    The statue reminds me what the old guys used to say about rubbing a certain something on one's head to grow hair.
    Nice work on the haze. Haze can be hard to capture, I usually forget to remove the UV0 filter or stack a ND on top which does even worse. Graduated ND is great for sky and foreground though (when I'm not in a hurry and use them correctly.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last photo. It brought a laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could See Myself Spending A Few Hours There - Happy Summer Time Perth

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. A prefect spot for a nice breakfast, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breakfast in a park, now that might be an activity for hubby and I.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um parque muito bonito, gostei e aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful place to have breakfast. Nice photos and views, Grace. The bird on top of the statue cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to tag along with you when you go to Kings Park. The views are spectacular and you always spot the most interesting things to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do indeed remember the avenue of trees and don't they just look great. Breakfast in Kings Park would be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All fabulous photographs, but that last one did make me smile :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a dramatic change in weather we had from one day to the other. The last photo made me laugh Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the gum trees when they were lit, they're beautiful au natural. Birds don't have any respect, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Poop" was what immediately came to my mind seeing that last pic, Grace! :-)
    Beautiful series, special light indeed.
    I still can´t believe last time we visited Kings Park only that one night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow looks like a really lovely spot, good views over the landscape too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That last one says all. Great one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great phtos's Grace, that last one finishes it very well, so unrespectfull of the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What are the trees in photo three? The intrigue me, as does the view!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that view, and Kings Park, but I doubt if I will see it again. My daughter now lives in Brisbane so I have no reason to visit WA again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pooping bird is more colorful than the equivalents over here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bird shot. I am always grateful for people who had the foresight to plant avenues of trees that would look great long after they are gone.

    ReplyDelete