Thursday, August 12, 2021

Meet Jasmine..

 

We had lunch in Fremantle yesterday at the recently opened Thai eatery Spice Market where we met Perth's first robot waiter Jasmine, click link to see her in action. Jasmine can efficiently serve up to 400 meals each day and if it is your birthday she will bring you a cake and sing happy birthday :) You put in your order using an app on your table and before long Jasmine glides along with your steaming hot and delicious order, after taking food and pressing DONE she smiles and says 'enjoy your food' and glides away again.. we did enjoy and we will definitely take our grandchildren there when they come over for Christmas. Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..



21 comments:

  1. This is pretty amazing and inventive. I would enjoy giving it a try and I bet your grandkids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer a real person with a smile. You wouldn't have to tip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had a waitress robot before. Recently was in a restaurant where the menu required a QR reader and thought that was high tech. What fun, and the food must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jobs in the service industry are on the way out obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Grace,
    Hope the food was excellent and one wonders without the real smile how that will work in the end!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, and I didn't know we had them here. Of course straight away I think how it could go wrong, like someone putting their foot out to block its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would rather have a human being do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly the video refuses to play, but I´ve seen some docus on this, Grace. Cool.
    I want SO to be there on my Birthday, LOL (It would be your summer, too - wish me luck we might get 27C today!!!) Is there also a mini-Pizza for Birthdays?

    Ohhh, she smiles? Very cute and clever. On my list for... "the future"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with William and am not sure if this is a improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, that is futuristic, it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a nice place to eat, I love trying new spices and foods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is what's coming next right?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is going to put a lot of people out of work! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh 'she' is cute!

    But how many people, did 'she' put out of work????????

    Gentle hugs,
    From the Upper North East of The US

    ReplyDelete