Monday, August 23, 2021

George's Mezé..

 

'A taste of Greece in the heart of Subiaco'. That is George's Meze looking wonderfully Mediterranean under Perth skies in it's blue and white paintwork, gorgeous red and pink geraniums blooming beautifully in their pots. Despite the many changes going on all around it this lovely old Subi house with it's lovely gardens has been here as long as I can remember. It has been a while since we last enjoyed a meal here but we were in Subiaco for another reason which I'll show you tomorrow. All I can think about now though is the multilayered sweet lusciousness of a Baklava, I just know I will have to do something about that today :) Hope you had a good weekend, happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. cool,greek food is excellent,nice pictures!ew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's years since I had a Greek meal

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very charming place to eat. And...baklava sounds like a perfect treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a great looking corner place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine looking place for outdoor dining. I do like Greek food. Lovely colors in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, George, it looks a great place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Grace,
    There are lots of Greek in Australia, so is their food.
    My 1st cousin, now living in Adelaide, has a son who is half Greek.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure where the close Greek Food would be to me.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a coincidence. A Greek immigrant to Hawaii has a weekend pop up not far and I can't wait to stuff my face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lace looks inviting! It would entice me with the olives alone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A glass of wine, some bread, oil and olives......perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, Grace, my sweet tooth hid deep when he got the word Baklava from my
    brain!
    My colleague Mustafa on his birthday shared some and I thought it was a hearty dish. Huhhhhhh, was I wrong!!! Instant death on my tongue 🤣
    Olives, please!!!
    Love the Santorini-colors.
    And Subi. And travel. Santorini... Ingo rented a moped back then. We had some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yes! definitely olives - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flower plants in a tin. so typical of the Mediterranean. Nice and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh How I Dream Of This Location - Take Me There

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of that place, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Baklava is delicious too! Greek dining is a favorite of mine too, and this place looks quite inviting. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete