Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Fence sitter..

 

It was a wild weather kind of day yesterday, the kind of day to stay home if you can. I could and I did :) Luckily for me my avian visitors never let me down, assembling along the fence under the patio out of the rain. Think the young kookaburra here had a double motive for sitting there overly long. It was espying the food in the dish I had put out for the cat that isn't mine. Unfortunately the cat that isn't mine was asleep with one eye open on the bench nearby.. ah well the kookaburra was dry, one out of two ain't bad :) Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..


23 comments:

  1. ...I only know a kookaburra from the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so fluffy! Rain does that to a hairdo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Grace,
    The top photo makes its beak almost look like aluminium!
    Love those eyes and the nostrils...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful bird. The first photo made me laugh out loud! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great closeups of a wonderful bird species.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fluffy little guy, funnily enough there are some parts of NZ that have these birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome little bird. One of the few Australian birds that I can recognise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace!!! I nearly got a heart attack! LOL đŸ˜±
    (I do have huge monitors, so... OK, I´m like FULLY awake now!)
    Oh, but a cute face ... from a distance a bit.
    Or I just look up here at your Wendy´s ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that first photo Grace, he looks startled :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots of expression on little birds face.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am quite sure the Kookaburra appreciates your largesse, even though it wasn't originally intended for him (her). Gotta take advantage while you may!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It doesn't get much more adorable than this! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable face to greet us! Enjoy your weekend inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing shots of the Kookaburra that first one is fabulous. Diane

    ReplyDelete