Monday, August 9, 2021

A splash of Colour.. anyone for golf..

 


There were a surprising number of golfers on the golf course in Yanchep, 56 km north of Perth, yesterday morning. Surprising because it was a cold, windy, rainy day.. perfect for a Sunday drive but I wouldn't have thought for a game of golf, wrong according to P who looked on wistfully as I took these shots :) Utility boxes around Perth have never looked so good since the Water Corps Splash of Colour program began back in 2017. The work here is by talented Perth contemporary artist Peter Ryan whose colourfully, whimsical art has appeared here many times and enhances many otherwise lacking areas around Perth and country towns. The artist 'likes to create art that everyone can enjoy for different reasons, whether it is the colours or the subject matter or the fact that it just makes them smile.'  It makes me happy whenever I come across his work, especially on a dull day. Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..

Visit Sami to see more Monday Murals from around the world.. 


27 comments:

  1. Love the colours, especially the turquoise, which looks great with the orange! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kangaroo golfer and the whale with the golfers caught in the water spout...I love everything about this mural. The colors would fit in Arizona perfectly even if the kangaroo wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully silly! It certainly brightens up the utility boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kangaroo playing golf , don't think I have ever seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...a whale of a good time hitting a ball around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful, Grace! I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are utility boxes? So much bigger than the ones in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smile making, especially the kangaroo about to get a hole in one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are wonderful cartoon murals that bring a smile. Golf? Gave up the game when I was a teenager. Already had too much frustration in my life, so I rejected golf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing my friend. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Grace,
    They are colorful and humorous and indeed they brighten ones day!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun and brightly murals.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun mural is this, Grace - I love it. Ingo bought golf-stuff, but here you have to go to an (expensive) club to play - he should´ve thought about that before buying...
    Love the roo. King Frogs say "hi".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha they are funny and joyful. Love the kanga playing golf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree Grace. The artist is very talented. That golfing kangaroo is a real hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Funy colourful murals you have overthere!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute Grace, love the colours, and the kangaroo playing gold is really funny.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a wonderful way to make utilitarian structures interesting and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cool,an entire fantastic world!!!!ew:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truly lovely how colorful this utility building turned out. I adore the kangaroo playing golf.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My dad played golf for years, I use to caddy for him, these days I just find it a bit boring, but each to their own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Bird On The Fence, The Weather Shots, But That Kangaroo Is Terrific - Love It - Playing Catch Up Here - Sending Positive Vibes

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete