Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The conversation..

 

I apologise straight up for the quality of these shots, they were taken through double glass but it was such a cute little scenario that I couldn't resist. It was another scorcher yesterday, the birds are feeling it too. Outside my window I have a Japanese maple tree, the branch Mr and Mrs are sitting on is, let's say.. dead :) I won't cut it off though because it is directly above the birdbath and makes an excellent spot for birds to perch and if the need arises dive into the water. You may be wondering what is stopping the pair of galahs doing exactly that and what they are looking down on...

The two shots below are the worst quality but imagine the galahs on the branch just above waiting  patiently for the bossiest and smallest of the birds that visit my garden, the lorikeets, to quench their thirst. The feisty lorikeets get first dibs on everything in the garden and I suspect in the wild also! I have three bird baths around the garden, in this weather they are always full of water. Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe.. 


21 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, Grace! These are the kind of birds we see in pet stores but not in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the quality of your photos because the birds are so beautiful. Sorry about the heat. Hope it cools off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Grace,
    Why apologize for photo quality? The story is incredible!
    Yes, like in life there are also human Lorikeets...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love It - These Are Remarkable Photos - Just Keep Shooting Frames - Big Hugs

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your images are fine Grace, unless you do a lot of pixel peeping.
    Worst thing with digital is glass interferes with AF. If you can get the lens against the glass and manually focus. When something (like a wire fence) is out of the field of focus it will disappear, at worst it sill soften the image a bit depending on how it obscures the view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful series Grace, greats shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The certainly need water and a cooling bath there of late. Interesting pecking order. Size is not everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh they are great captures even if through the glass. I have a bird tweeting in a tree outside my window and its driving me nuts. I think it is a baby calling for food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So-so-so cute, Grace!!! Awww. Peanut just visited, but he can´t compete with your visitors.
    Tiny yet strong the guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.Great shots of the birds.Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made some very cute photo's of the birds. They are so colourful in your place. Here they are like our weather grey, black or brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that Grace! I've also put out water for my visiting birds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are great and I love your bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful little birds! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE these bird pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet birds, love them !
    Great shots, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo Grace. Terrific shots. I have been wanting to get some photos of pink galahs and sulphur crested cockatoos but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete