Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sculpture by the Sea 2021 encore..

 

Still have a few shots from Sculpture by the Sea to share. I took the shots here on Friday when I met Sami at Cottesloe for lunch. The Boodjar Bidi Youth Art Group were successfully chosen from many applicants to contribute their excellent sculpture above. The group wanted to 'enhance the survival of dreaming stories related to Mudurup and the Perth Region. The artwork, titled The Little Boy and the Whale – Biindiirrwoorr, was created in consultation with Traditional Owners to tell the story of Biindiirrwoorr and Mangalla the Mamung (whale)'.

Below, just chillin' :)

Love the sculpture below titled 'The Kiss'. A lot wee bit different from the famous Robert Doisneau photo taken in 1950 'The Kiss' which I was slightly disappointed to learn was staged! This kiss created in bronze by Danish sculptor Keld Moseholm is described as 'having an organic shape expressing enthusiasm, energy and a touch of humour'.  The logistics definitely made me smile :)

My computer has been giving me so much hassle the last few days that I think I will have to take it in for a bit of a going over. If I'm not here for the next few days you know why! Happy Tuesday, take care and stay safe..



22 comments:

  1. Don't mess with those giants guarding the beach.
    Nice work Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those first sculptures! Just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all of the sculptures from the show, Grace!
    Good luck with the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful sight of all those sculptures. Computers can be a pain, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guardians of the beach are gorgeous!
    I hope you find a solution from your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...the collection keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, I just hate having computer problems. I hope yours are minor and easily solved. I'm sure Perth has wonderful IT people. Thank you so much for your documenting the sculptures by the sea. I have greatly enjoyed seeing them, as we aren't traveling until the pandemic goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Grace,
    Thanks for letting us have a peak at your beaches...!
    Good luck with your PC, glad I've replaced mine as the repair did not yield good results.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are interesting sculptures. Wonderful photos. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the kiss sculpture. Quite humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Beautiful - Would Love To Sit Near The Peaceful Sea And Enjoy The People Watching As Well - All The Best Finding Those Gremlins

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first is great and I immediately thought of them standing there watching the first white man ship arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful sculptures, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Grace,
    Very nice and special all these sculptures. All are great artworks and nice to see.
    Nice to photograph. Well done!!

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for showing us these amazing sculptures by the sea! Love to watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sad about that kiss, Grace. And your PC. My HUAWAI went along with your PC.
    Love the sculptures. Keep pics coming?
    Technology. Good and BAD...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate computer issues too, and for me it's often internet issues we're a bit out in the country so it's hit and miss sometimes. What spectacular sculptures, I can't ever have enough, they are so imaginative too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic. I love the one looks sort of like a mushroom. I also love that first one! It has such a mysterious look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all so weird but I like them all!

    ReplyDelete