Friday, August 7, 2020

A pretty pair..




A few last shots from our trip to Fremantle on Wednesday. In reality you could walk down High Street in Freo and take pics of superb heritage architecture all the way down from the Roundhouse to the city. Take a look at the shot HERE to see the high view, wonderful image, must try that from the Roundhouse next time we are there. You can still see traces above of yellow from the artwork created in 2017 see HERE beautiful, but a nightmare to remove..


There are so many quirky, fascinating shops to explore in Freo and unabashedly two fabulous book stores right across the road from each other, if you look carefully you can see New Edition reflected in the windows of Elizabeth's Book Shop. Spoiled for choice :)


While waiting for Aimee the glaring difference between old Fremantle and the new council buildings being built took my breath away, not in a good way.. not a good blend in my view, thank goodness it is well away from the High Street :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. The High Street has a wonderful collection of historic buildings. Hope they can keep them. The yellow optical illusion art project is terrific to see from the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fascinating architecture. It's the perfect place for (as you say) quirky shops to thrive. Did you stop in to one of those bookstores? It would have been hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I remember that artwork. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Grace,
    That are incredible buildings with great architecture and so very well maintained!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great architecture. I'll be in the used bookstore, see ya there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Grace,
    Nice pictures.
    Very special to see these beautiful facades of these shops. Very special.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I thought. . . . You know how I love your wonderful edifices! Hang in there G. Mental health, and being seen NOT to panic is Job #1 for now. We WILL get past this. AND US elections are close!!! [praying daily!]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the yellow art and am not surprised that its removal became an issue. That is such a fabulous area for Aimee to be working in, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure have a lot of great old buildings. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't have thought there would be too many three storey houses like those in Greater Perth and Fremantle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What’s beautiful street setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a place I would really enjoy visiting and exploring. Not sure you could ever get me out of that bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember that art project. And I kinda like that new architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bookshop looks georgous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh, Grace, you make me "homesick" soooo much. if we could only... I would even... ✈ 😍.
    Too funny I only now found these smiley-thingys at the PC! They´re now for everyone, not just T and Bro via What´s App! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fremantle has such great heritage buildings.
    I was going to say those yellow lines must have been left from that previous artwork :) Enjoy your weekend Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting architecture. I bet I could spend all day in those bookshops. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beyond Beautiful - Just Like Your Personality There Perth - Thanx For Sharing Such Simple Yet Elegant Moments In Time - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is often difficult to put old and modern together but when it has to happen I think it is best to go really different and modern.

    ReplyDelete