Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Silly old galahs..



Although I didn't venture far yesterday I had a lot of visitors :) Sitting out on the patio early morning with a coffee and my book, my camera is usually nearby. I have no official pets but every morning my sweet feral cat is waiting on the doorstep for breakfast as are numerous birds. Even I was surprised when I stepped out to see the long line of galahs and corellas sitting along the pool fence patiently waiting for breakfast.. 


The only time they got a bit raucous was when after finishing his own breakfast the cat strolled nonchalantly over to sit by the fence, it was funny to see them turn and lean down to screech at him as he lay lazily watching them feigning indifference.. although I have seen him leap from the ground into the bird feeder before, maybe they have too :) Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe.. 
  
 

27 comments:

  1. ...you sure have some colorful birds in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow...this is so cute. Fantastic all these birds in a raw.
    Very nice.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poor cat is outnumbered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so silly if they know where to come for a free breakfast. Love that last photo: they look like the line of red-faced old men who peer down to watch the cricket from the Members' balcony at Lord's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH GRACE! They look like Toys!!! If any of those birds pass by here somewhere in our streets, people would surely scream out of happiness!!! They look so cute and unreal to me especially flocking together in such numbers! Oh thank you Grace, this makes my Wednesday start happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful shots, Grace! What a sight that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, those heads. I love those little heads. How stinkin' cute are they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patiently waiting...but what happens if they don't get fed an become impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful the names of the birds popped into my head as I saw them! I guess I've been visiting for a while

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning. I have never heard of or seen these birds. BTW, are you still using the Olympus?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great parade and display. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bird restaurant is getting popular Grace. Love the last photo of the birds all looking down at the cat. So funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a magnificent group of visitors. You are lucky to have such colorful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is funny and cute, Grace :-) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paradise on visit. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You must offer them caviar, I suppose when I see this long queue of birds waiting for you! Amazing tat visit in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always amazed at your beautiful unusual birds down there! Probably looked like and all you can eat buffet to your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha-Ha! Great post Grace - fabulous photos of our noisy galahs, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That last photo is priceless but they are all a wonder to me. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photo of the fierce start of the galahs is wonderful. I have seen quite a lot of galahs in the parks around here lately but they never visit my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are beautiful, and so many !

    ReplyDelete