Sunday, June 28, 2020

Majestic winter skeletons..



I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes the only way to tell that it actually is winter in Perth is when the trees lose their leaves and transform into majestic skeletons! I took this picture exactly a year ago but I'm pretty sure if I had gone into the city and taken this same shot in Central Park garden yesterday it would be so similar you wouldn't be able to tell a whole year and a lot of world drama had happened in-between. Hoping for a storm today and finding my new winter header shot before winter is over :) Happy Sunday, take care and stay safe..

14 comments:

  1. ...barren trees can be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally have all of the leaves out on our trees. Some like the Gingkos are slow to leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine title that works with your image to create YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the only way to tell it’s winter. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me, I know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it when you can see the structure of the tree without its leaves - better for seeing the birds too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like bare trees, they have there own style to show off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will not see this scene here for another five months, but it will be much colder than in Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the tree skeletons that winter reveals. Make go and take some shots of my own this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stop bragging. There is beauty in bare trees, and of course they allow you to see things you don't see when the trees are in leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like bare trees, they can be so graphic and photogenic.
    Happy Sunday, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice header Grace. We are lucky to have such mild winters in Perth, although I hate the stormy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We could use some of that weather here. Temperatures have been in the 30sC, and quite humid. Still not as bad as Florida.

    ReplyDelete