Thursday, June 4, 2020

John Forrest National Park.. a baker's dozen..



Plus one :) What better way to start a walk in the forest than by discovering an Enid Blyton inspired fairy door, above, at the bottom of a really tall eucalyptus tree, can't wait to read EB to my grandchildren. Lots of tiny wrens, really hard to snap. The John Forrest National Park on the edge of the Darling Ranges, the first National Park in WA, was dissected in the 1890's by the Eastern Railway until the line closed in 1966, the remaining section now known as the John Forrest Heritage trail. Still dry after a long hot summer, also looks like the park is recovering from fire, there was no water running down the Hovea Falls will have to return in spring to see that and the wildflowers..


When we arrived at the national park it was quiet, a few walkers like ourselves.. by the time we left a few hours later there were so many visitors enjoying the cool weather on WA Day after being cooped up for so long because of 'you know what'.. couldn't resist the next shots, three mums with strollers chatting together.. that made me smile :)


Below, Aimee once again taking up close macros.. we have such a different style, she with her macros and me with the bigger picture.. we are a good team :) Hope you enjoyed this walk through the National Park, sorry about the overload of pics :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. It rained here hard a few times during the night. We rarely have a dry season it seems. We are still under social distancing guidelines soon strolls side by side with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING Photos Grace! That first one was my favorite, reminds me so much of Mother Willow from Pocahontas! The last one had me staring at it good! I thought that was a golden pheasant in the back of the bushes when I realized it was a reflective human fabric haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that walk in the wilderness. I kind of wish we had a place like this close by. However even if we did, it would be too hot to enjoy. I can't wait for the botanical garden to open again but no word yet when that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is ok with all these photos, you share your excursion with us as if we were really there. Life seems to be returning to its natural course around Perth. Here it's still a bit in between, and things are slowly getting back to normal as summer approaches. Nothing to be rapturous about, though. There will be no theatres, no festivals in many provincial towns, which are often a considerable source of income for the merchants... Fotr my own i'd like to be in an EB fairy tale :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful place to walk and explore. Super photos, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful place.

    As for macros or general FOV images and ones requiring a telephoto; the reason I've carried 2 camera bodies for decades. I still do with digital, one with a normal lens that can double for macro and one with a medium to long telephoto for birds. I still carry several lenses as sometimes I want that nice wide landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great narional park, very different landscape compared with the one in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a very impressive railway bridge. Clearly there is an interesting story behind the railway line and its closure. I may take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see this place. But spring in dry climates is a wonderful thing.Our arid west can be bursting with wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a beautiful and wild place to explore (well, except for the crowds). The rocks around the waterfall look really interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking me for a walk through the photos shown here. I was amazed by the John Forrest national park which turned out to have been a nature reserve since years 1890.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Enjoying cool weather", Grace! Noooo. Down to 18C again, after 28C yesterday.
    That´s no overload and Amiee can never get lost with that color :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful nature again, more Australia itself.I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see the Australian nature, you made some wonderful pics. I liked the red roads so much when I was in your country, so typical Australian, never saw them before anywhere. So glad I could make all the travels in the past and have the memories at least...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That’s a place I’d love to have a wander!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the children books they are great. Interesting door in the tree. and that fairy wren is gorgeous. I have only ever seen one wren here in our garden several years ago but they are not as pretty as yours. Stay safe and take care, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! Really fairy door! :)
    And I am imagining that Winnie-the-Pooh will appear.
    there are existing real 'the Hundred Acre Woods'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magical. We are seeing yellow robins here (but never when I have my camera at hand).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this is exactly what I call a place for adventure, and mystery and so much more. thanks for mentioning this writer too, as I will google her books!

    ReplyDelete