Monday, June 1, 2020

Queens Gardens..



The theme for June for City Daily Photo bloggers around the world is 'parks'. It was tempting to post photos of Perth's top tourist destination Kings Park, seen here many times but instead, officially opened in 1899 only a stone's throw from the city we have Queens Gardens (Park), 8.2 acres of loveliness. The beds are beautifully planted and it is also home to one of my favourite statues...


A replica of the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens. 'A gift to the children of WA to mark the state's centenary. The replica was produced by the sculptor of the original statue and signed by the creator of Peter Pan J.M.Barrie'. So many delightful details..


Wonderfully sentimental and romantic touches like the bench below inscribed 'For June who loved this garden from Joseph who always sat beside her'.. Not even close in size to Kings Park but packed with charming details that are a delight to enjoy. First official day of winter here in Perth and a long weekend for WA Day, celebrated a bit differently this year. Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..

 

25 comments:

  1. Looks like a great park. Nice with the Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like Queen's park too, the little bridge, the lake, the statue, another great park in Perth. Enjoy your WA day Grace and thanks again for the generous furniture gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...it sure looks like a garden fit for a Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful park. So beautifully landscaped and planted. I love the statue. On my very first trip to London I went on a search for the Peter Pan statue and I found it. It was one of things on my list to see all those years ago (1985).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Peter Pan statue is so beautiful! All the details on it tell a story!
    I am glad that not only the queen but also us ordinary mortals can enjoy the beauty of the park!
    Have a great week ahead! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely place, Grace! Our copy of that statue is all wrapped up to protect it while some work is done in its park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. St. John’s, Newfoundland has Peter Pan too. I couldn’t believe it when I saw yours in Perth too. Here’s a photo of the one I knew growing up.

    https://wanderwisdom.com/travel-destinations/In-Memory-of-a-Little-Girl-How-Peter-Pan-Came-to-be-in-Bowring-Park

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post has reminded me of the good. Merci 💋

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful park, nice and peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think we saw that park. What a pity. We will have to return.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing place to be at on a cool afternoon! Would definitely bring a book there and spend a few hours with a big canteen of water!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reckon those agapanthus grow just about anywhere, they're like weirds but they're pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely. I grew up in Queens, New York, and I guarantee you we didn't have any gardens like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, ohh, how Ingo got mad at me when he wanted to take a pic of me with Peter Pan and I turned away cause I HATE to get my picture taken!
    Two years gone by, we were on a CAT and Sami asked, you know Queen´s Gardens? And I said no, so we hopped off.
    And then... ups.
    Ingo got his pic, I cannot turn away from you lovely guys, right ;-)
    Oh, Grace, so sad we could not book Perth, it sure makes me sad, so much more: Thank you for your blog!
    Have you seen the murals in the loos there? If I find them... see next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful park Grace, a lovely relaxing area.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I assume the palms have all been imported but are no less beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers and statues in that park! Perfect for today's theme day!
    cheers from Eagan Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely park. It has flowers, paths, a water feature and even a bench for me
    MB

    ReplyDelete