Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Rocking the bush art..



Monday was a holiday to celebrate WA Day, the weather was cool and overcast, perfect day to go for a hike! We set off early for John Forrest National Park, the first time this year because of  'you know what'. I haven't had time to edit all the shots I took so here a few to show off nature's handiwork. There are large areas of Archean granite outcrops in the park with rivulets of water running through these ancient stones in winter. We haven't had enough rain as yet to make an impression here but it does give the opportunity to see the many forms of lichen creating contemporary art on the rocks.. 


Isn't it amazing how rocks shaped by time and weather can evolve into almost recognizable forms.. can anyone else see the herd of mammoth elephants grazing among the trees below :) More shots from this beautiful National Park tomorrow. Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


20 comments:

  1. The "elephants" remind me of Elephant Rocks beach down south in Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...if I could start over, perhaps I would be a geologist, nature's beauty at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for Elephants based on your post and Sami's comment and when I saw it I was so amazed! Love these photos Grace, thanks for taking us here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you were able to get out and about for a bit, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a landscape that reminds me a bit of our Canadian Shield.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a landscape where your mind can see something amazing. Great photos, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A huge change in scenery. Love this area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can certainly see the elephants grazing. It looks like a very delicate environment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I do see that herd of elephants you mentioned. What interesting formations. I like the lichen art too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my old age, I've only started learning about geology. What a privilege to be able to see archean rocks. Old, old, and they're not visible many places....how beautiful with the lichens. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like discovering different rocks, and formations on hikes make it all so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Grace, I do see the elephants. Have you seen Hippo´s yawn, too? Rocks can be amazing :-)
    Well, or rather nature forming them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed a herd of elephants. Great nature.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a magnificent landscape for a hike.
    What did the mammoths say when the saw a caveman coming over the hill?
    “Here comes a caveman.”
    What did the mammoths say when the saw a caveman wearing sunglasses coming over the hill?
    Nothing. The didn’t recognize him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting landscapes with the rocks spread there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your point of view is good!
    P.S.; "because of 'you know what'" ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love natures handiwork. At this time of year we get a good look at the lichen on the trees now the leaves have fallen.

    ReplyDelete