Sunday, February 10, 2019

'The Trees Speak'..



We had the most inspiring experience on Friday evening. One of the many events during Perth Festival 2019, Boorna Waanginy, I would love it if you clicked the link to watch the one minute video to see a glimpse of the wonder that we experienced while walking under the tall lemon scented eucalyptus trees that line Fraser Avenue, I truly wish you could have been there. The three minute deeper meaning of the event by the director of this incredible experience is here, very much worth the three minutes. Kings Park has forever been a special place for the Nyoongar people, making this event even more special. As you can imagine taking photos was incredibly difficult thank goodness for Aimee's skill and for letting me use her photos from the night here. Happy Sunday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. Off to Fringe tonight, big catch up tomorrow 💛
 


22 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. It reminds me of what is going on at the Desert Botanical Garden right now called Electric Desert. I haven't shown any of it yet because I haven't captured any photos to do it justice. This show might be even better. It looks more colorful and I love the figures of animals and people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous, Grace! Aimee did so well with the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spectacular event. Aimee captured some awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is quite amazing. Great photos well done. Have a good Sunday, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it's all very colourful, I like all the patterns against the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, beautiful, and very important! Thanks for sharing the links; they bring this to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, big thanks to Aimee,my pics turned out rather crap. Did you catch the bush fire? I thought I did, thought Ingo did... nahhhhh (I enjoyed it at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to comment on the photos, but the video just blew me away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. It looks like a truly spectacular experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wondrous! Thank you for the photos and the links and for telling us about this place and this event. I would love to walk there.
    I remember a tall and beautiful tree in the town where I first lived in Israel. The kids and I would always break one of its fallen leaves and marvel at the fragrance that emerged. It was a lemon scented eucalyptus, like yours! We always wondered how it got there. Maybe an ANZAC soldier passed through town with some seeds a century ago?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks spectacular. Light shows create so much drama.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow we are truly capable to stunning things. Now to give them a true meaning is a different kind of thinking and not so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing experience is this Grace! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was an amazing experience Grace, so glad we saw it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Just gorgeous. An explosion of colour in the dark.

    ReplyDelete