Friday, February 8, 2019

Heads or tails..



Whereas the koala, yesterday's post, is found all over Australia the Quokka, protected by law, is native to WA. The main population of quokkas is on Rottnest Island just off the coast of WA. So friendly are these sweet wee critters that it has become a huge attraction when visiting the island to take a selfie with a quokka, check out the #quokkaselfie here. Don't be alarmed, there would be serious consequences for anyone treating the quokkas badly and if you click the hashtag link, they look like they are having fun also :) The two here however were lazing languorously in the hot sun, not even the slightest hope of a selfie! Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..


22 comments:

  1. ...I just learned something new, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that when you know you're a star you can turn your back on the camera whenever you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love your wonderful marsupials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those selfie pictures are hilarious. What an adorable little animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely, don't think I have ever seen those. Hope all is well over there. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of them before, Grace! They are quite cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The selfie pictures were funny. The Quokka do seem to enjoy having their pictures taken and some of them have great expressions on their faces. Thanks for enlightening us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are adorable cute creatures and those selfies were amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a funny animal I have never heard of! Love to see them smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the selfies. So many cute........quokkas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reminds me of a pic I took there of a lazing roo and my Niece started crying.
    Turned out she thought the fella had passed away, oh, my, bad Auntie me (I had to laugh). Can't wait to see the quokkas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a new animal to me...and so, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like it is snoozy weather all round.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such interesting animals in Australia. May they always be protected.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete