Saturday, March 3, 2018

Playing with Adam c2018..



Whenever I visit Art Gallery WA I cannot resist heading downstairs to the Centenary Galleries on the lower floor. Formerly the Perth Police Courts, restored and opened in 1995 to house historical art and many of the State Art Collection’s 19th and 20th century paintings and decorative arts. The building itself is gorgeous and draws me in like a fly to a spider's web :)


 Above the 'Sower' by Jean-Marie Valentin seen through the excessively large hands of Auguste Rodin's Adam, and below in the fore also by Rodin 'Kneeling Fauness'..


 Below the bronze casting c1974 of Rodin's well developed, overly muscled and slightly tortured looking Adam. Note the discreet angle of the shot.. I'm sure you are aware that it's not only Adam's hands and feet that are of a considerable size :) Bon weekend, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. I love the second photo! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. These created creatures are very interesting and I find your photography more so - as you've flexed your photographic muscles to utilize some wonderful compositions! Voila! Merci! Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be quite happy wandering through that gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, looks like a great place to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...could it be the nudes that draw you in, Grace?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loos like a great place to enjoy some art. Excellent composition Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rodin was a wonderful sculpture as your photos show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing works.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see sculptures exhibited in such spacious surroundings and photographed with originality and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It´s up to our imagination, thanks to you, Grace ;-)
    Great shots, another bullet added to my Perth-list. Which will eventually be come true via a 17-hour direct Qantas-flight from London!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made some very nice shots Grace, I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's time for me to visit an Art Gallery.... I need some culture! Great shots of those bronzes. They look so touchable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the discreet shot, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL love the discreet shot. Sorry catching up a bit as it has been a bit hectic here. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an excellent set of art shots. I love that second one. Rodin had a knack for making hands and feet and some other parts larger than life. I loved visiting his museum in Paris a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The metaphorical figleaf treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's quite the handsome statue! A lovely art museum too!

    ReplyDelete