Friday, January 22, 2021

Harbour views at sun up..

 

Another hot day yesterday, we set off for Fremantle Harbour at 5.00am to catch some of that gorgeous light as the sun comes up. It was early but so worth it. Starting here at the entrance to the harbour the sculpture named the 'Fremantle Doctor' after the Fremantle Doctor which regularly saves us in the summer :) I really hope you can read the text below, it's such a cool sculpture with many uses..


 A few more shots along the way into the fishing boat harbour itself.. you will notice the umbrellas down and chairs empty in the restaurants in the harbour, not too many people around that early :) 

..and then into the harbour. We did find a spot to have breakfast, show you tomorrow, plus the gorgeous blue fishing boats in the early morning sun.. Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. ...beautiful views and you enjoyed them by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks very quiet but maybe unsurprising at 5 am! I would still be in bed wrapped around my cooling hot water bottle !! Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace, yes you caught beautiful morning light. The Fremantle Doctor sculpture looks great, and gives weather information! The Farris Wheel in the harbor gives it a festive look. Hope your Friday is wonderful as is your weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Weekend, Dear. Nice scenes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful day to be there before any people. Nice quiet scenes, the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sculpture is pretty cool. I'd love to hear it 'sing'. I look forward to see where you had breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Grace,
    That was a great idea for going that early to catch the perfect light at the harbor. Great photos and glad you both found a nice spot for breakfast.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect weather, I love that you can hear the sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely but way too early for me, Grace. I am not a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Early Morning Solitude - YES - Amazing Captures There Perth

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. The light in the photos is gorgeous. The sounds must be fascinating to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue sky it been over cast all day.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how "cool" is that, Grace! The Doctor never made it to our Caravan Park but "next time" (...) I sure wanna listen to him.
    And BIB - another Perth-list is created!
    Early ;-)
    Oh, the seagull!
    Oh, I can´t wait for early, light mornings. In the cold dark I sleep in till 06:00 am :-( Not good.
    Beautiful pics. To a great day, Grace! 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful views from the other and warm side of the world !
    Happy weekend, Grace !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire you to be an early bird! We don't get up that early anymore. Like to stay in bed until it is light outside, otherwise it feels like middle in the night for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice shots, I would love to have a bit of that heat here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never seen that statue Grace. Very brave to rise so early, I love to sleep till a bit later if I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pics. Loved the post.
    Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great early morning shots. That sculpture is great. Was is singing when you were there?

    ReplyDelete