Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sculpture by the Sea 2022..

 

It's that time of the year again.. Sculpture by the Sea, where local, national and international artists display their work on Cottesloe Beach, you couldn't ask for a more stunning backdrop. Understandably there are not as many contributing artists as in past years before Covid, but still a  wonderful event to visit. Two of my favourite sculptures today, I always look forward to seeing the whimsical wonder created by Ayad Alqaragholli, I'm sure you will recognise more of his work HERE. The joyful piece here is titled 'Our Love Touches the Sky'.. undoubtedly the world is in need of both, more love and joy at the moment..


 Below the wire sculpture titled 'Indiana' by WA artist Tania Spencer is both exquisite and a little sad to see. The work modeled on the Indiana Teahouse recently added to the state heritage register that may or may not save it from the machinations of change that would leave only its facade as a reminder of its iconic presence on Cottesloe Beach. The video HERE is the new vision for the Indiana, what do you think? Take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. ...it's wonderful to see that this program continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a wonderful exhibit and you’re so right. We need it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are telling us that we might just get cable by the end of the year! We then may be able to watch videos. Love these shots they are great. Hope you are well. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both but especially the wire Teahouse, Grace. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your photos of the sculptures. We certainly could do with some joy and love right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, spectacular is a good word here Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of these sculptures. The Indiana sculpture is amazingly life like and detailed. I love seeing the creative work you photograph at Sculptures By the Sea. Keep up the good stuff, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting sculptures, I like the last two the best.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. To stunning pieces that I shall think about again, I'm sure. Such a delight to see you, G. I find that I have this gift lately of being able to have two thoughts in my head at the same time. I grieve deeply with the Ukrainians and with the world. At the same time I am authentically able to be deeply grateful for my day and happy. If this is a dream, don't wake me up. Wishing you all the best as always cher ami

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both but the teahouse is so much more intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sculptures, Grace, the second being bitter-sweet. In direct comparison (under the chapter History) I think it´s sad the filigree elements are replaced. Other I for once even like the idea of something new there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't look too good for that tea pavilion. But the art work is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Long time no see. (Sorry)
    These days, I feel that the color of your photos has changed more clear and colorfully. ;)
    Did you change the camera/setting or change the image editing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jose and I went there Sunday afternoon and then we had a sunset picnic. Not as many sculptures but quite a few beautiful ones. My favourite was the Indiana wire sculpture. So dainty and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always a delight to see! Just stunning! Take care.

    ReplyDelete