Monday, May 17, 2021

Yanchep National Park.. Nyanyi-Yandjip.

 

Early yesterday morning we set of for what was my first hike since I injured my hamstring seven weeks ago. We arrived in the Yanchep National Park just after sun-up on the perfect day for a hike, mostly cloudy with small bursts of sunshine and even a few drops of rain. In retrospect the 11 km hike may have been a stretch for my first for a while, and although around the 9 km mark I got a bit tetchy much to the amusement of Aimee and P, I was pretty pleased at making the whole distance..

Described as moderate in difficulty there were certain challenges. The terrain varied from easy, as in the shots below...

To the many rocky stretches, mostly on the inclines and declines of the trail, where you really had to watch where you put your feet..

Then there were the under, over or around situations below :) Large parts of the park are still recovering from summer bush fires last year, as you can see the regeneration is coming along nicely. There was a reason for doing this particular trail, one of many in the National Park, will tell you about that tomorrow. Hope you had/are still having a good weekend, happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Looks like a place from a story book. Good you are now out and about on hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a nice walk on the wild side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photos. I would like to walk/run/jog through some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these pictures, they really tell the story of your hike. I hope the sloping parts weren't too steep. I find the hardest part is going down hill, it always makes my left knee hurt but uphill is no problem. And going downhill is hard on the toes, you sort of slide into the end of the boot. I lost a couple of toenails that way! But they grew back, phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a hike for your first big venture, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, that looks like a rough, long trail especially as you are still recovering from your injury. You were able to take fine photos. If you are like me, a photo is a perfect reason to pause and rest. Hope you had no long term pain from this walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More challenging than perhaps suited to your recovery, but yielded this nice post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Grace,
    Lovely hike and glad you're back into hiking again.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Kind Of Whimsical Post - Well Done Perth - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look like a place to refresh your self.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY, well done, Grace! After I was sick it took me 45 minutes for some tiny 2 km... on the street! (Usually 13-15 minutes depending on the red lights) - so... YAY! And rain, awww.
    But... can you tell me if P in this park just fooled me or did the tiny blue bird 🐦exist and I just failed to see it? Drives me nuts, I looked so hard! And it always makes me laugh as I KNEW the The Simpsons-episode P showed me in the Pub there, LOL. Flanders and his to-be-girlfriend, it was. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy you got out to do it. I think I probably would've been able to handle it but would've needed good walking shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. O wow, those are beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done for making the distance and I hope that you have no ill effects. It looks a a wonderful to stretch your legs. have a great week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos, Grace and congrats on finishing your long hike.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on this hike. It's an activity that my family enjoys, also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is growing back quickly there. It is hard to believe the fire was only last year.

    Well done for tackling 11k coming off an injury!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is like walking on the wild side, and such a beautiful terrain it is! Thanks for bringing us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a great place for long hike!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The primitive path is my favorite. :)
    Especially, The second half of your post is too amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds great to be able to walk that long after seven weeks. Great job Grace. And you got some really good photos.

    ReplyDelete