Thursday, May 6, 2021

Bells and bougainvillea..

 

This is what a rainy day in Perth looks like :) At first I was a little disappointed by the blue skies but it was such a lovely day yesterday that it was impossible to stay dismayed. It's the first time we have been into the city for while, even longer since we walked down to Elizabeth Quay. I know you have seen the Bell Tower, home to the Swan Bells here many times and yet I couldn't resist taking a few more shots from a different angle looking up through the pretty pink bougainvillea using my new lens, and..


 .. from across the street through the tall palms that line Riverside Drive and the entrance to the Supreme Court Gardens and the path leading back into the city. More rain tomorrow.. apparently :) Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe..


21 comments:

  1. Your last shot is my favourite of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like seeing the tower, Grace! The path looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Grace,
    Absolutely stunning images framed by the bougainvillea and palms!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tower shots, the third one is my favorite. Nice path to take a walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine photos, I especially like the one with the tower and the palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bougainvillea. My folks at their small holding just outside Harare had about 7 different colours what a sight when they were all in flower.
    Hope you are well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shots Grace. I take different pictures on the same turf every day and have for years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this was a fun tour, such a lovely building design too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...it alway good to look up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that tower. That path in the last photo is one I want to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks very much like a rainy day in Phoenix!! These are great photos. That tower is pretty magnificent from any angle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the way you can look down one of the city streets and see the Bell Tower at the quay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe I would find walking on trail comforting.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots from that tower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures of the tower and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those 2 top photos are beautiful with the tower peeking through the bougainvillea Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow amazing , My favorite 1st pic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just keep the tower photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very striking architecture. I can’t help but think it’s purpose is not only to create conversation but also to ward away any landing hot air balloons.

    ReplyDelete