Friday, May 14, 2021

In the eye of the beholder..

 

If you look you can see me taking this shot reflected in the eye of this lovely old galah that comes to visit me every morning for breakfast. How you may ask do I know if it is the same galah each time, I just do. As soon as he hears me put the kettle on he begins a soft chirruping until I go out to feed him and the other birds. If the pussycat isn't around he will sit on the back of the patio chairs until I come out, otherwise higher up on the pool fence. It was extremely windy yesterday, I love the way the galah's beautiful plumage ruffles in the breeze..

... and then there were these little jewels, the rainbow lorikeets, clinging to my hibiscus trees as the branches swished this way and that in the wind.. all the while keeping one eye on me and the other on the feeding activities on the lawn. I never take the sight of these beautiful birds for granted, they are always a delight to watch..

Oh yes, there is another presence that likes to watch them also.. as long as that's all he does :) Happy Friday, take care and stay safe..



23 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds. Cat is probably thinking: Dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fantastic birds! Makes me wish I lived in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birds and such a sweet kitty cat. 🐱

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I went and looked at clips of galah vocalizations. I see what you mean by their sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have some of the most beautiful birds in the world in Ozz. Great photos. Have a fab weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...you sure have some gorgeous birds in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous looking bird. Is the kettle on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That galah is a beauty. Funny how he visits you daily for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creatures all. The birds are so much more colourful than ours. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The birds all look so exotic, Grace! And Kitty looks really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous birds. We only have those types of birds in sanctuaries or places people can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink bird would cheer anyone up.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great shot that first one and I can see you in his eye! Yes, cats and birds is a bad combination, they will never be friends....

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely. All those paradise birds in your garden. Only your cat see it on a different way. That first to shots are incredible good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cuteness-overflow, Grace, ohhhhh, thank you for the very big smile - it nearly hurts 🥰 Happy Friday to you (gahhh, off to recycling in a minute)...

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are magnificent birds. At my place the doves also remind me to feed them by coming to the back deck or others come knock on the lounge windows. They are funny 🐦

    ReplyDelete
  17. In that first photo of Pinky he seems to be saying 'Yes, I am rather magnificent, aren't I?' Great captures, Grace. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first shot is great!
    Like being sucked into this eye...
    Ohhh, Nice framing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete