Friday, October 19, 2018

How does your garden grow..



Mary, Mary quite contrary
 How does your garden grow
All the flowers, all the colours 
All in a perfect row..
In the city yesterday on a rainy day to see a new exhibition at Art Gallery WA, was sidetracked by the abundance of colourful growth in the Urban Orchard in the Perth Cultural Centre. A 'refuge for those seeking to escape the bustling Perth CBD, even for a moment in the day. It is a place to relax, to play, to meet, to harvest and learn. There are thirty assorted fruit trees (including different varieties of citrus, stone fruit, guava and olive), all under planted with culinary herbs and companion plants to attract beneficial insects'. I almost missed the two pruners amidst the growth below :) Always nice to have a look-see when in the city. Happy Friday, take care and stay safe.. P.s. I have to introduce cornflowers into my garden, aren't they the most amazing colour 💙


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful, especially that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...mine isn't growing at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much growing here at the moment, but plenty of autumn leaves blowing about! Nice to have a few flowers growing in any city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cornflowers too, Grace! We went down to -2˚C last night so I lost a few plants to the frost but the tough ones like geraniums are hanging in there so far. There was a bit of snow just outside of the city during the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cornflowers are pretty. All the flowers around our town are now dying slowly. I imagine someone will clean out the flower beds soon.
    Enjoy the day, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great garden! I've always called cornflowers bachelor buttons. Mine naturalized and have thinned out. Your photo reminds me how much I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lot of communities are getting into gardening.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue flowers. There are no corn flowers in any of my gardens but there seem to a delphiniums popping up in my Kandos garden and they are a lovely blue. When I am more organised I must give corn flowers a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Oh, rub it in, Grace! ;-)...)
    I love that place, glad they did keep it!!! Soooo beautiful and rather quiet. Did I mention beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a mess in my garden, everything grows most weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last shot showcases your city. Looks like the view of your header. Lovely.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  12. The urban gardens are wonderful places to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing springtime down there in the southern hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great flowering period has arrived!
    Perhaps, your garden is ... also very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That lovely vibrant cornflower blue! Ooooh!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely you should they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete