Thursday, March 16, 2017

There's something about art galleries!



"The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do".
Pablo Picasso.. 

Pablo, I'm a huge fan of, Picasso has a fair point right :) The world is a crazy place but there's something about the stillness of an art gallery that soothes the soul. The Art Gallery of WA is admittedly not always as quiet as it was here early morning last week but it has always been a calm and inspiring refuge on a hot/cold/any kind of day! 


The contemporary work below by renowned Australian artist Imants Tillers titled 'The Great Metaphysical Interior' was purchased by Art Gallery WA in 1984 and is a painting that I never tire of appreciating.


I know that you've seen the art gallery before as it's one of my favourite places to visit, there's a good chance you will see it again.. maybe even as soon as tomorrow :) when I show you the main reason for the visit. Happy Thursday, take care and stay safe...


26 comments:

  1. I like that painting too Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid architecture, Grace!

    I'm planning on a visit this week to our Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my most memorable travel experiences have been to art galleries! Such a beautiful gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't there JUST! Love your artists, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Great Metaphysical Interior--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be able to visit. Looks like a really wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful space, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aart galleries and museums really do sooth the soul and sometimes offer gentle-minded entertainment. . . regardless of one's artistic taste and preferences. We have have these wonderful places to visit are indeed lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all that clean, wide-open space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love art galleries but I am not mad about modern art in general. Good job I cannot afford most of what I see or the house would have no wall space left :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to visit art galleries too! I could walk there with you, thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Art Galleries are an excellent place to visit.
    I do like your selection of photographs, especially the 4th one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the peaceful feeling of an art gallery. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sure are very wise words, Grace - esp for me today ;-)
    Oh, I think I have to see Tiller´s work for real next time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Art Galleries too. This one looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a terrific quote, one of which I had not heard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy visiting art galleries, in any season. This exhibition of Picasso looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 'The Great Metaphysical Interior' is an exquisite, mesmerising piece of art. There seems to be a touch of aboriginal insight there... suggested by the close dots creating the illusion of an image. Lovely gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a beautiful gallery! i haven't visited ours in roanoke yet...been meaning to since we moved here...maybe i will put it on our list of things to do over spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking at these pictures, I wish I was there to see this place in person. What a beautiful space for art. Like you, I love a good art museum. There is always so much to see and to contemplate and learn. What would we do without such wonderful places?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the feeling of beautiful space in art galleries. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very interesting pictures and brilliant reflections, too.

    ReplyDelete