Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sculpture by the Sea 2017...



If you rotate the shot above you might recognise a familiar redhead :) Can you believe it's that time of year again! For the second weekend in a row we arrived at Cottesloe Beach almost before sunrise. The 13th annual Sculpture by the Sea (3 - 20th March) is a spectacle best appreciated early before the crowds arrive and before the temperature soared to 38C peak later in the day. The sphere below appropriately titled 'Horizon' created in acrylic, water, concrete and steel by NSW artist/architect Lucy Humphrey turns the world upside down in the most wonderful way! I hope you are ready for a few days of quirky creativeness :) happy Sunday, take care and stay safe...


30 comments:

  1. Hello to Aimee!

    I always enjoy this series, Grace- this first one is definitely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Grace, this is superb! So sad I miss it again. So good I can see it here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will take me a while to figure out how you managed to take this photo without being in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sculpture Grace. We will be going there Sunday or Monday with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great sculpture! We have similar posts today, Grace, sort of. Yours has a lot more colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The years seem to zoom by, Grace! I like this one! We have wind chills of -22˚C today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! It was -2C here this morning when I went out for a ride. Sunny, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I could identify that hair in any orientation. I'd like to see that. I'd like to see one in front of the Arch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My crystal ball isn't even close to that size.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, Aimee!

    I always enjoy this series, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful crystal ball. I can't imagine that tempterature. It is -12 C here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. merci pour cet "horizon" sur la plage :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely sculpture and it makes a beautiful reflection. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, I am very ready! I do always enjoy your photos from this spectacular event. I love the sphere. It looks like a giant crystal ball.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always like that sculpture event of your place, great reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first image in the crystal ball is wonderful, but you already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Before I saw this I wondered if Aimee is still posting; got my answer, I think. At least she and you are still exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It seems to me to recognize someone :)

    ReplyDelete