Monday, March 6, 2017

Sculpture by the Sea II ..



Thought I'd mix it up a bit this year and start from the end of the groyne on Cottesloe Beach and work back towards the Indiana.The lofty 5mt sculpture above created in corten steel by renowned Israeli born Zadock Ben-David titled appropriately 'Big Boy' can be seen from the furthest away point of the beach.I was happy to get the gentleman sitting on the rocks to give an idea of prospective..


Below 'Leaden Hearts' by WA artist Dennise Pepper, using hand embossed copper shim (repousse) copper rivets and nails, fiberglass, timber and paint. 'Journeys are intimate stories of those who leave and those left behind.. women were brought to the Australian colony, along with commodities copper and lace, useful and beautiful, accepting extreme difficulty for a vestige of freedom, solvency and respectability'..


This was definitely one of my favourites, I am a lover of curves and sensuous shapes. Titled 'Tears of Joy' it was created by Melbourne based sculptor Ben Fasham using stainless steel and bronze.. the sculptor 'continuing his exploration of balance and curved forms'.. Tres cool framing shape :) More to come.. happy Monday, take care and stay safe..



24 comments:

  1. Fine collection of sculptures by the sea. I especially like the boat sculpture. Looks like it might even float.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...beautiful Perth looks to be a giant outdoor art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaden Heart is my favourite of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boat and its idea. Sculpture by the Sea is so wonderful. Do just Perth and Sydney have it every year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely Grace and so is that wonderful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the boat and tears of joy that really got my attention. Beautiful work and superb photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big boy sure is big! Beautiful sculptures. Thank you for sharing. I think I like the boat best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an incredibly interesting place with such creative artwork! So much to enjoy and that ship is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so much art in your area. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We visited Cottesloe yesterday and as usual there are some great sculptures. I loved the Big Boy and Tears of Joy was also a favourite. Something that would look great in a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all the sculptures very much. Big boy is very special made with its own shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first one really is impressive with his height, Grace. The boat is beautiful, as is it´s story. The tear is very vivid, too. Can´t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are all great so it's hard to pick just one as a favorite but if forced I'd have to say the last one. I like the lines on that one too. However, that Big Boy is quite nice too. Actually, I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I particularly like Big Boy, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've lost my touch since my hiatus; since it has ended I am having trouble keeping the messages I post. Often they just disappear into thin cyberair! I always enjoy your images of public art that yo find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this series, Grace.
    One time I must visit Perth, you have so much Art in your town.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You city is chock full of art! I would LOVE to see it someday.
    Really nice photos Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It seems that your sea side is very * moving * !

    ReplyDelete