Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sculpture by the Sea III..



Whether you are a fan or not of multidisciplinary art you cannot deny that Cottesloe Beach is a spectacular venue to show the often environmental and nature themed sculptures during Sculpture by the Sea. If you read my blog often you will know that I love art in all of it's diversity, the creative mind is something I both admire and envy :) 'Narration of the Sea' above created in stainless steel and acrylic by Chinese artist Lei Huan 'the mysterious form of the nautilus seems to hint that my life continuously disperses and grows, marked with unknown changes and colours at different stages'..The kaleidoscope of colours did indeed change and glow from different viewpoints..


'The Great Hammerhead' below, created in recycled steel by WA sculptor extraordinaire Jordan Sprigg, check out more of his unique work here. I will definitely be on the lookout to see more..
 

Look this way below, walk on, stop and look back..  you will see something very different. 'Pause' made in aluminum by English born artist April Pine.. 'a surfer pauses at the water's edge looking out to the oceans movement, understanding the familiar behaviour of the water beyond'..  


I've been saving one of my most favourite sculptures to end today's series of shots. Below, sculpted in silicon bronze and stainless steel in the characteristically whimsical and joyous style of Iraqi born artist Ayad Alqaragholli, 'Loyalty' is a celebration of the love and loyalty between people and their dogs. If you look here I'm sure you will recognise some of the sculptures from past posts. I would love it if you would click to enlarge the photos of the sculptures on the beach, they look fab embiggened :) Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..P.s. big catch up today!
 

28 comments:

  1. Hard to pick a favourite, Grace- they are a marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic Photos & What A Location!! I have always been intrigued by Hammerhead Sharks. Thanx so much for this post.


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful event! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...love this beachy artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite, Grace, but I do really like that surfer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As well as seeing the art, we get bonus beach photos. I like the last one, perhaps because it is bit different from the usual beach sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More gorgeous works of art. That first piece is a stunner with all those colors. I can see why the last one is a favorite, it warms the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every piece is special. I like the hammerhead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every one of them is awesome! So are your photos Grace...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful art and on the beach is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic art. And you really nailed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, each one is fabulous in their own style! What fun to be on a hot beach too, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these are so original and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are worthy pieces. Most enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They´re all beautiful, but "Pause" sure is my very fav, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic collection with a super shot at the top. Really super!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the first one and I missed it when I visited the beach with my visitors...will have to go back!
    Just yesterday we two sculptures from Ayad Alqaragholli - in Point Walter and in Pinnaroo Cemetery. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful works. Beautiful clicks.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all, I am always so surprised how creative people can be!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some really interesting, creative and superb works of art here. I don't think they are all that great but I do love that big chunk of "stained-glass" in the first shot and I really like that final sculpture. I give you credit for your affection for art in all its various forms.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, incredible beautiful sculptures !

    ReplyDelete
  22. i thought for sure the sea shell was going to be my favorites and then....the dogs happened! pause is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i missed this post,te sulptures are cool,and your pictures show them very well!! ew

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think my favourite is your first photo.
    However, I thought 'Pause' was different and I liked it!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete