Saturday, February 5, 2022

Well I'll be dammed..

 

No I didn't make a spelling error in the title :) it is Mundaring Weir I'm referring too. I have shown the dam before but if you look towards the top of the hill in the shot above you will see the lookout where I am usually standing. Everything we do at the moment has to be done at the crack of dawn before the heat of the unrelenting sun sets in (around 8am). On such a walk last week I was amazed to see the dam at almost 60% full.I know we had a lot of rain last winter but this summer has been exceptionally hot right from the get go. 43C today and despite air conditioning and swimming pools that kind of weather for weeks on end is incredibly exhausting..

The red tailed black cockatoos were impossible to get a clear shot of but still enjoyed catching a glimpse of their remarkable colours high up in the trees. Looks like we are in for a bit of respite over the next three days, lower temps and even a 40% chance of showers, I'll believe that when I see it. The list of things to do IF the weather is actually cooler grows exponentially, we'll see :) Happy weekend, take care and stay safe.. P.s I'm doing my best, thanks for sticking with me 💚


23 comments:

  1. Those cockatoos are spectacular. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place. Sometimes the birds like to be camera shy.
    Well, Grace, -17C and snowing here. Only a foot so far though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cockatoo is wonderful to see. It is -13˚C here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Grace, cooler temperatures are on the way. Wish you could send some of your heat our way. Yesterday it was -23°C here, but now it's only -12°C. I am enjoying your photos, especially this spectacular bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard about the heat there, some friends who use to live in perth told me you have to go out before 7am or after 7pm at night. it hasn't been quite that bad here, think our highest has been about 32.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely view on a hot day. Nice to see it's somewhat full. I'm really not looking forward to summer. They're predicting a bad one with multiple power outages, so there will be days without AC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a pleasure when I see you published something. This was a nice visit. I saw Aimeecakes somewhere on social media today looking very well. Think of you often my friend. Take care of yourself ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't you have a quite wet early start to the summer? It certainly has been hot for you. You didn't do such a bad job with the cockatoo photos. At least we can their colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too hot for me, nice views here Grace, stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute house there! And ohhh, Grace, 43C, that´s heaven! We have the heating on and I still wear a sweater.
    Fingers crossed for rain. We had some this morno (too cold to get outside, though).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos Grace. I had no idea the Mundaring Dam was that full, that's good!
    Saturday was just awful, glad today it was cooler and it actually rained a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly what you mean about the heat. It gets very exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is fun to see something else than rain I see all the time from my window here. You have such wonderful nature and birds overthere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blog. I can handle too hot much better than too cold!!! Keep safe. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you took me on walk. Not sure if 60% is good for the reservoir or not.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh I’m happy to catch these great yo see your posts again I’ve missed seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely looking place.
    I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete