Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Henry the eighth I am I am ..

 

Two hugely different styles of art. I love the above work of Perth contemporary artist Ariel Katzir who through her work 'examines the illusion of beauty, exploring the facets of beauty and challenges the view that the lines on one’s face do not fit traditional ideals of the construct. Instead, she maintains they are underappreciated'. We all under appreciate those lines right :) Below the whimsical work of young Perth artist ZOEK who is 'curious about the natural world, the world of make-believe and the myths & folklore that bind us, drawing and storytelling with pictures'. Realism and fantasy, a happy balance.. taken on the same day in Maylands a while back. Happy new week, take care and stay safe.. 

Visit Sami to see more Monday Murals from around the world.. 



19 comments:

  1. Henry's shed a few pounds since Tudor times. Mind you, he is over 500 years old so he should have a few lines on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the way we generally picture Henry The Eighth. Perhaps this is his inner character. The Art Neuveau mural is appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both but especially Henry, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second one appeals to me as it is a work I can imagine being in the company of, rather than the first which would make me feel uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made me think Grace. We should wear the lines on our faces as badges of honor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ones Grace, I do prefer the second one too.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing Henry on Eight is the adress, and name of a pub?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Henry is a bit scared, Grace...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice comparison.The style here gives direction to the intent of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer the second one, I am a romantic...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone who appreciates age lines is okay in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have to say the second one gets my preference :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not crazy about the first one but I like the second one very much. I hope you are well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is Henry address has an 8 in it.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete