Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Yellow.. the happy colour..



So there we were last Thursday, my sisters, myself, P and brother in law wondering will we go a'wandering, will we wait for a sunny day, or shall we not let the weather dictate our plans! We decided on the latter and so glad we did. It was a super day with periods of fabulous skies as above interspersed with grey below. The canola fields stretch as far as the eye can see unfortunately enticing the many tourists who visit to trample in the fields in search of the perfect selfie, much to the farmers angst.. “It's a catch 22, the canola brings tourists to town –  but it is an issue going on private property". I should say so! It may not look like it but there is definitely a fence between moi and the canola fields :)
 

The shot below just because I liked the branches framing the white flowers in the field. Re the canola trampling problem there is now a designated spot at Pet Teet Park, a thirty minute drive from York where if tourists really want to walk through the crops they can.. Farmer Kevin Johnson said they planted a 20 metre squared canola crop purely for tourists.“The difference between ours and the farmers is we encourage people to walk through it.” he said. “We actually decided to do this because we heard farmers were frustrated with people walking in their canolas.” What a good idea! Happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..💛


27 comments:

  1. I’ve never heard of a problem with tourists trampling the canola fields here. I can’t tell canola from mustard fields these days however. Both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem I've heard of before. I would have thought that the smell of the canola (very like rotten cabbage) would be enough to keep people away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics could have been taken here in Canada, Grace! Beautiful! Glad the day turned out to be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like yellow, it's a color that makes me happy, but these other colorful flowers in the fields are quite cheerful. Spring begins for you and it's the most beautiful of the seasons. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...this reminds me of the song 'Fields of Gold.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful day for a walk.Thank you for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow and those fields are covered with it. Wonderful and beautiful photos, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers.
    I have a solution for the problem, but it is not politically correct.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous sight. I love all these photos. Not only the wonderful flowers and fields but that gorgeous sky is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The same happened here in our Botanic Gardens, a flower bed trampled by people taking selfies. Fields of same coloured flowers do look quite spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful captures and a great idea to satisfy the tourists indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos of a colorful place, Grace. To bad that the tourists can't behave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yellow carpet and the purple/white/blue rugs are the gifts of the nature!
    The wonderful scenes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was younger I didn't care for color it remind me of thrist. Now it reminds me of joy.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yellow is a happy warm colour and it's nice to see a wide area covered in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my goodness, Grace. Selfies, when will this end?
    Private property, oh, I´ve seen a Britz-van once, right after passing a sign "Do not pick wild flowers" - guess. And I could hear, as they were loud enough - Germans.
    Ask Sami how often T keeps his mouth shut when there are people of his "heritage".
    A fence, a sign - respect?!
    The PetTeetPark sounds wonderful. Well, fish, though?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks a bit like v.Gogh fields. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful coloured fields. We have the same problem with our tulip fields where people walk through to make photos. How stupid can you be to destroy them for a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The canola fields are beautiful and photogenic. Great idea to grow it for tourists. Hopefully it keeps them out of the farms.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea to plant tourist specific fields of canola :)
    Beautiful photos Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow..what a great shots. The first is really amazing with the flowers and that wonderful colored sky above.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning time of the year for you but not so good for us. I love the autumn colours but it means lots of work clearing up and also it means the chill is approaching as well! Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have not seen any canola crops this year. Perhaps I have not been in the right place at the right time, or possibly the drought. The canola crops are certainly photogenic. I am always careful to not encroach on the farmers land regardless of what crop I am photographing.

    ReplyDelete