Monday, September 16, 2019

'The keys to happiness are in your hands'..



"Helping hands are better than praying lips" .. "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up"..
I could go on and on, there are so many great quotes about hands and who doesn't love a beautiful photographic image of hands, whether they be old and worldly-wise or young and chubby without a care. While we were on our travels yesterday taking in the 🌷festival and the 🌸festival I came across the evocative mural here in Memorial Park in Armadale. Painted by Melbourne based artist Matt Adnate last seen here (25 storey mural in the city) a few weeks ago. The park commemorates those who died in service or were killed in WW1, so a  fitting mural I think. It's going to be a flowery kind of week :) happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


24 comments:

  1. ...beautiful, when I first saw it I thought of Case Ma' Claim:

    https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2015/01/case-martin-luther-king-tribute-mural.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could draw hands so I admire the artist who can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is said that hands are one of the hardest things to draw or paint. I think Adnate has done a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great talent. Another beautiful mural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Brilliant art work.
    Loved your clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a strong, uplifting mural. Enjoy your Tuesday, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful mural and a nice tribute all in one. I love those "handy" quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very good mural with a sobering image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Grace. Very true. Also about the still being able to be careless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great miral from Adnate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice mural and it gives a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty, but I LOVE LOVE yesterday's sculpture. I'd want a necklace with the shape as a pendant. Happy Monday!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful mural, Gracie. You certainly find them! (I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.) Big hug. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting mural. Have a good day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such big hands. I am really enjoying seeing more of Adnate's work since I found the one in Katoomba.

    ReplyDelete