Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Follow the white rabbit...


... down the rabbit hole! As tall as the trees it would be a tight squeeze :) On Sunday evening Aimee and I went to Kaleidoscope 2018. This free event 'brings together artists, creators, engineers, set designers, graphic artists, performers, visual artists and the local community to collaborate and create WA’s leading light and technology festival'. The gigantic glowing bunny here and it's family, created by Tasmanian artist Amanda Parer were a favourite. Not the easiest of situations to take photos I decided for the most part to just enjoy.


 As always at events these days food trucks offering every kind of food you might desire, many with amusing names.The Dirty Swine made me smile while at the same time happy that I don't eat pork :) 


When Aimee and I first arrived before the sun went down there was a hip-hop dance-off going on. Here's where being height challenged becomes a pain in the tip-toes! At 5ft 3inches I never think of myself as particularly short.. until times like this, but where there's a will there's a way. We watched the incroyable dance moves through the camera of the lady in front 😉 Hope your week is progressing well, happy Wednesday, take care and stay safe..


30 comments:

  1. Looks like a cool event! Some giant white rabbits were part of an event in Calgary a couple years ago that, I think there was 5 in different poses. I love that neon tree!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite useful having a husband who is 6'4" sometimes 😃 Love that rabbit, but all great photos. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join you in being height challenged. I'm only 5'2" so you have me beat by an inch. I love this light show. That's something I'd enjoy very much. In fact, the Desert Botanical Garden is doing a light show this season and last week I had a reservation to see it. Only problem was, when I got there, it wasn't working. Oh well, I have another reservation for Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun festival. Not sure I would follow the White Rabbit as he just leads you into trouble. Good thing all those dogs didn't see the rabbit or they would have given chase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful, Grace! I love the rabbit and I want one of those dogs - or maybe them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neon makes one high, but i also love that rabbit lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rabbit is a fairly simple sculpture but it looks quite malevolent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun event. The neon dogs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always follow the white rabbit!! :) ew

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun event Grace! I love that white rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many people in your area that are just bursting with talent. What great fun although I prefer less crowded venues. And I'd say you're gonna have a problem if that white rabbit breeds in the same way as regular rabbits do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that rabbit, but all of your photographs are good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glowing rabbits, neon dogs, food trucks, dancers. It all sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great event for a day out with a camera Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say, Grace.... beautiful and so much better than our "Lichtparcours", that didn't even take place this year! Or last... oh, my!
    I don't like pork much, either, but that name sure is very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking through the camera of the person in front made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'The white rabbit', Ohhh, It's SO GOOD!
    I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the rabbit Grace, very nice :) The way you watched the dance through someone else's camera was funny.
    My friends who have a waffle van were at this fair selling their waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like those light objects and modern techniques are wonderful. Watching a concert with an I-phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That white rabbit is pretty cute and that event looks like so much fun.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely captures of the fun event! I particularly liked the picture of the dog in the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful click . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You don't sound short in your writings!!!!!
    I went to an event recently with huge lit up animals.... must remember to post the pics. Thanks for the reminder. Love that bunny. Perhaps he's the original "killer bunny rabbit".... (Monty Python).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great event! There is always something to see and do there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to, how fun. All things (normally) that glow in the dark can be interesting!

    ReplyDelete