Monday, April 30, 2018

Lake Leschenaultia bushwalk..



Two before dawn up and a-ways in one week.. I'm impressed :) Yesterday morning we arrived at Lake Leschenaultia, an hour east of Perth, just after sun-up to bushwalk around the lake. I do a lot of everyday walking but this was my first proper bushwalk in a while. The lake looked incredible in the early morning light.. snapped this just after 7am. 



There are two walks, one short loop that circles the lake and a longer figure 8 track into the forest on the western side. To be honest I'm not sure which track we followed.. I walk, enjoy and leave the directional logistics to P..


Following the walk trail into the forest we lost sight of the lake for about 5kms. Early morning walks in the Australian bush are quite an experience, yes there are 'things' to look out for, but by the time we came along the trees were alive with birdsong and any spiders had retreated to their daytime safe place..


As early as we were many had been there before us.. we, and by we I mean P :) spotted the slithery tracks of snakes and kangaroos crossing the track. All in all we walked 7.5km and by the time the lake came into view below, I was more than happy to see it. We went at the right time, it turned into an unseasonably warm day, 31C. Happy Monday, take care and stay safe..


30 comments:

  1. I could use a bushwalk but that is too hot for me, PDP. Gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful place for a ramble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful morning light in your lake and walk photos Looks like a great place to be. Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very different from England! I did do a bit of bushwalking when I was in Australia back in 19-a-long-time-ago and I appreciate why you made an early start, definitely the best time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO wonderful to walk here with you, G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just a tiny bit jealous. I've run out of quiet places like this to take long walks. I did the early morning walk at the Desert Botanical Garden but, it's anything but quiet these days. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a great walk, Grace! I'm impressed that you are up so early! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful place. Glad you enjoyed your walk. Been more like -1C here lately way unseasonably cold. Should be more like about 20 or 21C for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Early morning walks are the best, it looks like a fabulous place to walk. Wonderful photos, Grace.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Very beautiful and very calm, the dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce the name of the lake! :) 'Tis very beautiful in that early morning light. That would be a wonderful walk, along the shore of the lake, into the woods, etc. And I think it would be fun to see some of those critters you wrote about. Did you do a lot of kayaking also?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first time I heard of Lake Leschenaultia was last week when friends of mine posted photos on FB of them canoeing on the lake and I looked up to see where it was.
    That was quite a long walk Grace, the weather has been fabulous for the end of Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm impressed. It generally takes an (unavoidable) early doctor's appointment for us to get out at that end of the day. But the beauty looks well worth it and you managed to avoid the worst of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. interesting area. Lots of your plants sure looks different then ours do.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  15. The early morning light is interesting and used to effect. I'm afraid I rarely take photo with the first morning light, so well done you for getting up so early.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Calm AND Beautiful - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an ideal place to get some fresh air and exercise Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful place. Peaceful, Awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The early morning light is so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see it is worth to get up early, but I don't manage since I don't have to work anymore.. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photo's. That mirror like surface is something I seldom see here and the atmosphere on the walk trail is really stunning. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty and it looks like a lovely walk. I used to be an early bird (to exremes) nowadays it is just a big effort!! Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awe, such a lovely walk, with my coffee by my side as well, it almost felt like being there too! A lovely view indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. it's a wonderful suite of pictures. This lake seems so peaceful in this early morning. Sure you had a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting walk. Very different from my walks to the old tree.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful, I'd love to walk there ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete